Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garretstown

Options
  • 07-10-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking of heading down to Garretstown at the weekend, have never been before, and just wondering about the conditions in the water. Is it safe, is there any rips I should be looking out for?? Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Watch out for the two lines of bollards in the water, they're visible on low tide but on high tide you cant see them and could split yourself if you take a spill.

There seemed to be a bit of a rip down at the right hand side of the beach last time I was down there.

You can usually get the surf forecast here at about 10AM most days
    http://www.surfgtown.com/todays_waves.php

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭-maccer-

Thanks very much for the advice. Knowing about those bollards should hopefully save me from smashing myself or my sufboard in half off them! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

c - 13 wrote: »
    Watch out for the two lines of bollards in the water, they're visible on low tide but on high tide you cant see them and could split yourself if you take a spill.

There seemed to be a bit of a rip down at the right hand side of the beach last time I was down there.

You can usually get the surf forecast here at about 10AM most days
    http://www.surfgtown.com/todays_waves.php

Jon never updates that page anymore, i used to have on my list of bookmarks i check every morning, has since been replaced with magicseaweed.

I usually pick 2 fixed points on the beach to let me know where the bollards are when i cant see them, i think they are in line with the end of the wall and the orange doughnut thing(i cant remember the name and am too lazy to search :rolleyes:) on the left as you look from the water to the shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

yea, one line of bollards are inline with the lifesaver pole thingy and the other is inline with the flagpole.

Advertisement