Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproofs for horse riding

Options
  • 07-10-2008 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,

I was horseriding this morning and got drenched in the rain. The jacket I was wearing was not waterproof enough.

A girl who was with me on the hack suggested an ordinary plastic rain mack or fleece.

Are there any coats that would cover me to just below the knees while on horseback? Reasonably priced, of course!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Holmestead used to sell knee length waxed jackets. Not sure if they still do, I havent been in there in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Try ordinary waterproof jacket and pull-up trousers - no nasty wet patches from rain running between the saddle and your jacket. (bad experience with waterproof chaps :()

Can also get reproofing sprays for your current jacket...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Pennies have waterproof (golf) trousers at the moment, I bought a pair a few weeks ago and use them, they only cost about €11 and they're great, I just pull them on over my jods and I'm sorted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kick-on

go to ornellaprosperi.com , they have riding out gear for jocks, do big sizes too, or just dont ride out in the rain, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

yea the stuff designed for work riders is deff the bestones to get, can be pricey though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

its worth it tho! i have a pair of presperi's for comin 8 years and they are still 100% defiinatley an investment piece!

http://www.treehouseonline.co.uk/product/64

these are the ones i have! they're great cause they have a high back so u never get a chill if your tshirt rides up your back a bit!!!

Advertisement