Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

erasmus?

• 07-10-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

i know it tallaght has an erasmus program im currently in 2nd year and would be interested in going abroad somewhere in 3rd year (im not doing european studies btw and already know i am able to do an erasmus for a semester in 3rd yr),as far as im aware austria,germany, france and holland are the places?has anyone on this gone away before?a friend of mine was away in rennes last year and it wasnt the best place!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I did Erasmus for 3 months in my final year in Spain, and it was the BEST experience of my life. ever. gave me such a fresh perspective on life, met so many new people (including the still going stronger than ever lady-friend), personal challenges overcome, serious fun had - plus I did a far better final year project i would ever have done in Dublin - cannot recommend it enough.

There is, however, planning...we had a few options avaialble to us (went with a mate from my course) - so go somewhere lively. We checked out all the host colleges available to us, the profile of the students there (one of the places in Germany had 85% guys....oh no) & the general culture - never forget you're there for a good time...

after that - you're set! Do you have any basic language skills?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Dardania wrote: »
    I did Erasmus for 3 months in my final year in Spain, and it was the BEST experience of my life. ever. gave me such a fresh perspective on life, met so many new people (including the still going stronger than ever lady-friend), personal challenges overcome, serious fun had - plus I did a far better final year project i would ever have done in Dublin - cannot recommend it enough.

There is, however, planning...we had a few options avaialble to us (went with a mate from my course) - so go somewhere lively. We checked out all the host colleges available to us, the profile of the students there (one of the places in Germany had 85% guys....oh no) & the general culture - never forget you're there for a good time...

after that - you're set! Do you have any basic language skills?

sounds cool,im fairly well travelled anyway have spent the last 3 summers away and was on my own this summer the best experience of the lot!doin french in college but meh wouldnt be too interested in france..yea il have to do alot of research anyway you were dead right there my mate made a big mistake going to rennes 2 night clubs and apparently people there were arsehol/s would like vienna if possible maybe,central,nice city sound people and ive been there a heep of times,where bouts were you in spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

A few of my friends in AV went to Finland and had an amazing time. A bunch of us went over to visit as a suprise birthday, it was brilliant. Do erasmus if you can, they loved it.

Still have flash backs to doing a drunken fake riverdance in the basement of an illegal student run bar in Helsinki...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Don't know about the other departments, but the computing department sent out an email about studying abroad a little while ago.

Advertisement