Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on priest gear

Options
  • 07-10-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Heya guys, figured this would be the best place to ask, wow forums seems a bit, meh.

Basically I just dinged a char to 70 yesterday, hes a shadow priest.

I'm just lost when it comes to gear, i usually get a char high level then abandon it :)

So I'm looking for advice on gear,weapons,trinkets etc for my char. I've been interested in sets, cause i like the fact they look alike :).

The first thing I got was Satin battlegear, for 60 gold it can be gotten instant and I like the look :)

I plan on getting that pvp staff from BG, the one for 27k or so.

I cant link my char cause im in college, but char name is

Kromula
    70 Horde UD Priest
    The Maelstrom

Maybe you can look it up on armoury and tell me what you think.

But mainly im looking for advice on what gear to get, bearing in mind new expo coming, perhaps is it best to just grind HK and leave it at that, see what comes in new patch?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, im a complete noob when it comes to gear :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd wait until wotlk, but if you're bored, I found the below link handy when I was gearing up my shadow set (you can decide yourself whether its worth spending the gold - I spent easilly more than 10k for best crafted pieces, top gems and enchants etc):
    http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=9844

lootrank.com or imba.hu is handy too if you want to play with other chars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

There's a thread on casual gear which would be more suited to you
    http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5327&start=0

I wouldn't spend any money on epics right now id just get the gear from 5mans and Karazhan i wouldn't even but the best enchants in it there really is no point,
    your not gonna start raiding 25 mans to gear yourself up if you don't have the best of blues to start it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well I bought the satin battlegear set which looks like its pretty good.

I guess the real question is should I bother getting any sort of gear, with new expansion so close.

Plan at the moment is just ogrind BG to get staff, bracers, feet and neck, perhaps a better cloak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Just play whatever's fun (eg in AV recalling and repeatedly fearing alliance/horde into the bosses), if TBC is any guide, most equipment will be swapped out pretty quick into the expansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

No point working on gear at this stage with the expansion coming out very soon. Just do as said above, do whats fun to you - PvP, a bit of Kara, making money on the Isle whatever takes your fancy. Try to level both your professions to 375 so they are ready to level up in Wrath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

thanks guys, I was figuring that it would be a waste to break my nuts getting gear, when it would jsut be replaced, but I never played much past 70, and I kinda understand the buzz around gear now :)

But I'm sure ill pick up a few bits and bobs before wotlk

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Grab the frozen shadowweave set if you have tailoring, it will carry you to 76 at least and shadowcloth is dirt cheap atm.

Advertisement