Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Feltrim Motors

Options
  • 07-10-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Has anybody had any experiences dealing with these guys?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Moanin wrote: »
    Has anybody had any experiences dealing with these guys?

Thanks

I was going to be getting cars from them a few years ago, my first car at the time and my mam was gettin one too, got a fairly good deal off em but they called a few days later and saud finance was due one the ma's car and they said they couldn't sell it to us. Fairly sound fella but a used car salesman is a used car salesman!!! That was in the one in Ashburn

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had a few conversations with them over email when I was looking around. The car I was interested in was sold before got a chance to call out, but the guy was able to give me a ballpark cost to change figure by email which is rare (and it was a decent enough trade-in value too).

Not that much use to you, but the little dealings I did have were positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks guys. I called to them today and they also offered me a very good trade in. Most of their stock is ex Uk but that wouldn't frighten me once the history is verified i.e service history and clean HPI. The plot thickens........

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Called to them a few years ago to view a cherokee jeep. When i arrived early the jeep was off getting a new battery. A Valet driver (i think) returned 5 minutes later with the jeep. The newly installed battery was to big for the jeep and the bonnet was closed down on top of it. They showed the jeep to me with the new battery installed and a 2 inch gap between the bonnet and jeep body. :eek: Didn't even take it for a test drive.

it was the Swords garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I bought a 03 Corolla (ex. UK) from them a couple of years back. They offered the best price around and i couldnt fault them

It was the Ashbourne branch on the Slane Road BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Had a terrible experience with them. Won't go into the details.

Their Warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

Nearly bought a car off them last year. there prices are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kikel wrote: »
    it was the Swords garage.
    Feltrim. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I bought a Pajero from them years ago and had problems with it, after a bit of discussion they replaced the back axel...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Just spotted a car I would really like to go for, it's in the Ashbourne branch. Just wondering if there's anyone elso with actual dealings with them be it good or bad, just so I know.
    I'm down in Waterford so don't want to travel up to Ashbourne if they are not a reputable garage to deal with.

Thanks

Woody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Woody,

Trust me on this, don't go near them. Solicitor engaged on my part, i'll say no more for fear of libel.

I was also attracted to their below average prices and generous trade in but it was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Thanks Fishy,

Seems you had a bad experience. The car I "was" looking at is a 2005 model so I was thinking it would be fairly ok being so new and it has a FSH. But I am very wary now.

Thanks again,

Woody

Advertisement