Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New (2nd hand) car €7K ish!

Options
  • 07-10-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone have any suggestions? Currently have a 00 fiesta, and want to get something more comfortable. Was thinking along the lines of a Focus / Almera / Corolla?

I know there won't be a great selection available for that money - but its all that i can afford! Cheers everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Yep of them is fine, or a Volvo S40 - it's what I always suggest!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

you should be able to pick up @ 04 Almera 1.5 5-dr, alloys, side-skirts, fogs, cd, rear spoiler, around 50/60 mls, with 12 mth gold standard warranty for about 7 to 8k, depending an condition, mileage, no 2 second hand cars are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JamezMc

Hi Steviecakes,
    I will have a 03 Focus for sale end of next week. It advertised on http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=281494&r=s.php%3Fm%3D26%26amp%3Bo%3D253%26amp%3Br%3D2003%26amp%3Bg%3D0.
    PM me if you are interested and we can arrange a meet.

James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Hi,

Anyone have any suggestions? Currently have a 00 fiesta, and want to get something more comfortable. Was thinking along the lines of a Focus / Almera / Corolla?

I know there won't be a great selection available for that money - but its all that i can afford! Cheers everyone!

The Almeara manages to be even more dull than the Corolla, which is quite difficult. So I'd go for the Focus first, Corolla second of that list. Also look at the Civic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Hi,

Check out Carter Quigley on carzone. They have a few in your price range. I bought an 05 Diesel from David two months ago & the service I have got from the garage is incredible.

Mods: I have no connection to the garage so please don’t take down this post but I think that they deserve a mention.

The deal included:
    1 year parts & labour warrenty
    Change of timing belt
    Full service
    New wipers
    New floor mats
    4 new tyres

Since buying I have had a few issues, but all have been fully dealt with under the warranty. I received a replacement car on both occasions & on the 2nd David drove from Tallaght to Blackrock to collect mine & drop off replacement. He also returned the car when the work was completed.

On service alone I would have no trouble recommending David & this garage. It was recommended by a friend & she has also had good service on a 7 year old Renault, bought for 5k. You do not need to spend a fortune to get a good deal!

PM me if you would like more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Spoken like a true sales man ^^ :D

steviecakes, have a look into the Ford Focus. A nice step up from the Fiesta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Firey

Hi,

Hi,

I am selling a well looked after 03 nissan primera if your interested.
    My wife has a new car bought.
    Have a look

http://cars.buyandsell.ie/vehicles/view/67428/nissan-primera-new-shape-2003

Advertisement