Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customised Basic PC

Options
  • 07-10-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

hi,

Im looking to get a very basic PC, the only thing i will be using it for is to run photo kiosk software so it can be really basic. The only thing it will need is a DVD burner and a media card reader, support wireless networking so i can network it to a back office PC and i dont need a monitor, mouse, etc just the unit itself. The only other consideration is it will be a horizontal tower rather than the typical vertical one.

I can get a slim tower on dell for around €450 exc V.A.T and ill probably need a few of these so my question is can i build a unit and save a few bob and if so how much roughly or am i better off just buying the dell and saving the hassle.

Ive never built a PC before but ive repaired a few and im familiar with the inside of one so id say if i read a few articles i should have no problem putting this together.

Advertisement