Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V Cyprus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

1-1 Italy v Mont....come on:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

Italy 1-1 Montenegro

This could be a very good night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocking outbreak of plastic hammers when the goal went in. How embarassing to have to hand those out.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Soby wrote: »
    1-1 Italy v Mont....come on:D:D
    Italy 1-1 Montenegro

This could be a very good night

or not:L...2-1 Italy now

Italy 2-1 Montenegro

Oh well, was wishful thinking.

Havent seen Doyle this sharp in along time, unlucky not to be 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

what is it with a lot of the Irish passes, a good few times what should have been simple passes while the ball was moving, instead they hoof right up into the air. These things happen the odd time obviously, but its happened 5 or 6 times when under little to no pressure so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Aw ***** :( Keane ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Attacking wise, we look great.

Gibson looks dodgy though, no idea why Reid ain't playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Either Reid would make such a difference. Both Reid's in this team and we'd dominate possession against most teams. Lack of possession is entirely down to central midfield. Ball is just being playing out wide.

Kevin Doyle, yet again a bloody class act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hah, the Trap nearly fell off the bench, just seen from the replay. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great bit of skill from Duffer to set up Keane for the goal. Duff and McGeady have been lively.

In the centre of the park we are being bossed. Whelan isn't doing well. Gibson likewise.

MuckShane has had a stinker at right-back. You could do a comedy compilation of his errors in the 45 minutes.

Kevin Doyle has been an inspiration. Definitely the man of the half.

Overall we are pretty fortunate to be in this position. I'd like to see a change in the centre and more of an emphasis on keeping the ball.

Fingers crossed for the next 45. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

MuckShane has had a stinker at right-back. You could do a comedy compilation of his errors in the 45 minutes.
    He's made one (terrible) error, same as Kilbane. Other than that he's done well. He's not a right back though. I'd have 5 or 6 players in that position before him. I wouldn't really feel the need to back his performances up at right back because as I say I don't rate him there but a compilation of errors so far would consist of 1 clip.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Neither central midfielder is able to hold onto the ball or look overly comfortable with it at their feet.

McShane only made one mistake, I think he's been good otherwise.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »
    He's made one (terrible) error, same as Kilbane. Other than that he's done well. He's not a right back though. I'd have 5 or 6 players in that position before him. I wouldn't really feel the need to back his performances up at right back because as I say I don't rate him there but a compilation of errors so far would consist of 1 clip.

Not at all. Sure he had the chance to get the ball in the box at one stage and his terrible ball couldn't even beat the first man. He went to clear the ball up the pitch near the end of the half and he kicked air. He's had a lot more than one error. It's been embarrassing. Him and Kilbane shouldn't be put in the same sentence. Kilbane did well. MuckShane has been awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Impressed with Duff's workrate once again. Desperately need that 2nd goal. Getting too close for comfort.

2 more mistakes by Mcshane... really think they need to take him off.

2 more mistakes by Mcshane... really think they need to take him off.

Agreed. Any sort of substitution would do at this point. The team looks like it needs a lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My two cents so far.

McShane out of there. He may do well for Hull but they play a completely different game to us. We need a right full with more composure out there. Joey O'Brien.

We looked decent first half but not in complete control. These have the players to score goals so we really need another goal. Want him to take McGeady off to be honest.

• Advertisement

The Cypriots look dangerous and we're looking to sit back all the time. Very dangerous. McShane is shocking. We don't have any central midfield. Changes need to be made and quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

It seems I work with a Cypriot!!

I was just checking the score and he was standing behind me! I always thought he was Italian!

Anyway, he thinks that Cyprus should be beating Ireland heavily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Agreed that a change is needed. ANYTHING is. The side need to play with a bit of urgency here: Dunnes, Doyle and Duff are the only players who look like they give a **** at the minute. It's frustrating to watch them play the ball back when a genuine attacking chances comes along. You'd swear we were 3-0 up! A kick up the arse is required...

We don't have any central midfield.

Yes I can't recall the last time I've watched a game where the central midfield was so anonymous. It's been Duff and McGeady that have been demanding the ball. I'm surprised there have been no changes.

Should have scored.

Let's have a bet. Out of everyone here, who'll have the longest nails by the end of this match? Mine are running out as we speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Trap doesnt seem to enjoy making subs :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Doyle Duff Keane and Dunne have been outstanding. Nothing at all in midfield. McGeady has been great but, as always, needs to release earlier. Why oh why wont Trap make the substitutions. Bring on Reid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Was sure it was in and we were home & hosed. Hope it won't cost us.

Gwan the Romanian ref, give us a peno :pac:

We've got the legs they don't it seems. But jesus this playing like Italians and grinding out results isn't fun. Somebody tell Trap that Italians have Olivio and Spaghetti, Irish have Johnny Blue and Guinness, our hearts can't cope with this stuff!

• Advertisement

Unlucky Doyle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

eeeeeeek

Ok, McShane is muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

thats my nails gone, how we didn't concede a goal there is beyond me

Holy jesus! 85th minute, a mediocre team from the east get a chance and DON'T score? This is a revolution...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Phew. Thank fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Isn't it getting into traditional "Ireland let in a goal" time now?

My God we got away with murder there. Great block by Dunne.

McShane again was too soft down the right. No way is it coincidence that most of their joy has come down the left flank, and that's even without their most threatening player.

Robbie Keane has lost so much pace . . .

• Advertisement

Aaaargh this game is so frustrating. If Cyprus score I think I'll pass out.

That last chance typified the Irish midfield tonight.

Ball comes to Darren Gibson, in acres of spaces with a chance to score. Does he go for it? No, track back...track back...

Whelan gets the rebound off Duff's shot. Sure enough, "HOLD IT UP LADS WE'RE GRAND!"

Very poor composure and finishing throughout.

Gwon Folan, pop in 5!!!

All in all not that bad. All the problems really came from the "subs" for our normal players. Remove McShane, Gibson. Jam in Reid... and a decent defender and boom. we should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Given ya eejit

Very lucky, will definitely have to up our performances.

• Advertisement

Job done I suppose.

Well, job done but we need to improve in a big way when Bulgaria and Italy come on the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,678 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Has that feckin' final whistle gone yet? Shoudl have goen 10 mins ago! Don;t know if it';s worse NOT watching it....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We were very lucky tonight. If we need to play out a 1nil, first man off the pitch has to be McGeady.

HE gave the ball away so many times in the second half it was rediculous. God I can't wait for Finnan to be back as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

leggo wrote: »
    That last chance typified the Irish midfield tonight.

Ball comes to Darren Gibson, in acres of spaces with a chance to score. Does he go for it? No, track back...track back...

Whelan gets the rebound off Duff's shot. Sure enough, "HOLD IT UP LADS WE'RE GRAND!"

I don't think Whelan intentionally went backwards, he just didn't control the ball at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement