Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montreal axed from F1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

just heard it on CNN here.

Shame; liked to have gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Aw, that's a pity. I'm not liking seeing the old tracks each slowly falling away.

That's a joke how Abu Dhabi gets to host the final race of the year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Horrible Decision,

Montreal was hands down the best grand prix to be a spectator at. The town is basically a massive party venue for the whole weekend and there's a fantastic atmosphere about the place.

In its place we get another faceless grand prix in a desert a la Bahrain.

But money rules all in F1 and even more so in the current economic envrionment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,958 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I'm not sure if this is the last we will hear from this though, from what I'v heard, Bernie made an agreement for Canada to have a GP till at least 2011, so it may well be back on the calender soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

That's a shame.

Was one of my favorite races.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

That should give them plenty of time to fix the track.

Hope F1 does go back there. It was nearly always a good race to watch, not that Bernie cares about the entertainment value of tracks, just the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I'm pissed off about this. Montreal was one I always wanted to go to and was one of the better races with plenty of overtaking.

Plus it wasn't on at a bad time of day, so what's Ecclestone playing at? I will stop watching completely if this arab-loyalty continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

IanCurtis wrote: »
    I'm pissed off about this. Montreal was one I always wanted to go to and was one of the better races with plenty of overtaking.

Plus it wasn't on at a bad time of day, so what's Ecclestone playing at? I will stop watching completely if this arab-loyalty continues.

As a previous poster said, its all about the money for Ecclestone which the Arabs have plenty of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

It sounds like a typical wake-up call from Bernie, telling the Canadians to get their house in order !
    we've seen him do it before .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

In its place we get another faceless grand prix in a desert a la Bahrain.

To be fair, have you ever been to Bahrain? Amazing place, amazing race to see live.

On topic, I agree that Montreal will be sadly missed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Mena wrote: »
    To be fair, have you ever been to Bahrain? Amazing place, amazing race to see live.

On topic, I agree that Montreal will be sadly missed.

It might be great to see live for those who can afford it, but on tv it's bloody boring.

Bahrain rather than Montreal, Adelaide, Indianapolis, Detroit, Phoenix, Mexico, Estoril, A1-Ring, Donington, Jerez, Kyalami, Suzuka :eek:

Stick it up yer arse Ecclestone

P.S. Was watching Formula 3 from Barcelona on Sky's 9pm to 11:30pm motor racing on Monday nights.....infinitely more exciting and well worth checking out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Races I look forward to:

San Marino,
    Monaco,
    Canada,
    Silverstone, how long til it goes?
    Monza,
    Spa, Spa!
    Suzuka,
    Interlagos (only because it's weird - great straight though!)

The rest are a bore. Malaysia, Turkey, Valencia, China, Bahrain - nothing distinctive about these tracks. Where are the landmarks? Where are the features that dictate where the track goes??! Now it's just other way around. ie. The WRONG way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I like Canada i hope this not permanent, no race in north america is a bit of a kick in the balls for fans from usa and canada. :confused:
    I cant decide who is worse the FIA with their new regs that always seem to cause trouble or Ecclestone axing good established circuits from the calender. :mad:
    At least Suzuka should be back next year. :D

Advertisement