Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there no pets for sale sticky?

Options
  • 07-10-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

can we have one mods??

If you are worried about issues you can dissallow dogs and cats for sale.

It would be handy for people to source hard to get animals from breeders, such as rare fish, birds and reptiles.

Maybe even a breeders list so people can PM them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

might be a good idea if u could post some info about them, as they ar not as easy, as say hamsters. At least then u would know that people have the right equipment and know what they are taking on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

mary123 wrote: »
    might be a good idea if u could post some info about them, as they ar not as easy, as say hamsters. At least then u would know that people have the right equipment and know what they are taking on.

Hi mary, I changed the topic and post because I was unsure wether or not I was allowed advertise Degus for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I'd assume there's no pets for sale sticky because selling pets is against the charter?
    No animals or equipment may be sold or traded on this forum. Re-homing is not a problem (this may change) but any rehoming can NOT involve money changing hands, and the animal must be "to good home only", it is the owners responsibility to ensure that anyone offering to take care of their animal is responsible and has done his or her research on the animal, I recommend you don't just go by how somone comes across online, insist on a home-check.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The ban on animals for sale goes way back to the old "For sale" forums where there was an outright ban on selling/trading animals.

And to be totally honest I dont think a for sale thread would be in the best interests of boards since theres too much that can/will go wrong with disreputable people trying to scam people--sure we have that already with the rehoming thread.Imagine if money was changing hands--it would leave it way too open to abuse.

In saying that I have no problems with a breeders list as per Jimkels post.I will even sticky it if it works out.

Reputable breeders and preferably personal recommendations only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am also ok with a breeders list as long as they do not pimp themselves or mention what they currently have - just basic info name & contact details & what they breed - nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

cool when I get a minute Ill start the thread ;)

Advertisement