Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm Letting

• 07-10-2008 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, looking for some advice on a problem tenant. Let out land to an individual 2 yrs ago, 3 yrs left on lease, was let out through auctioneer, money was supposed to come the auctioneer, he had bust up with said autioneer, and am now in situation where auctioneer dosen't want to know, am waiting for this yrs rent, spoke to my soliciter, he says possession is 9/10s of law, has anyone experienced something like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

artfreak wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some advice on a problem tenant. Let out land to an individual 2 yrs ago, 3 yrs left on lease, was let out through auctioneer, money was supposed to come the auctioneer, he had bust up with said autioneer, and am now in situation where auctioneer dosen't want to know, am waiting for this yrs rent, spoke to my soliciter, he says possession is 9/10s of law, has anyone experienced something like this.

I've heard of something similar. In simple terms, the lease is drawn up between the auctioneer and the person renting the land. Therefore, the person renting the land has signed a lease stating that they will pay the money to the auctioneer who should in turn (after deducting his/her fees) give the agreed amount to you. So the problem is not between you and the person leasing the land. In this case posession is 10/10 of the law because the person leasing the land has signed a lease and your solicitor has filled you with crap. Get on to your solicitor again and get him to get on to the auctioneer (who I presume drew up the lease) and get the situation sorted between you and the auctioneer. For all you know the person leasing the land has already paid rent to the auctuioneer for this year. From the details you give, the problem exists between you and the auctioneer, not you and the person leased the land. I'm sure you signed an agreement with the auctioneer at the start.

Dan

Advertisement