Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance HSF and Quinn

Options
  • 07-10-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Question 1) I have Quinn Essential Plus and I am also with HSF (hospital savings fund). In July they took over the Irish part of HSA, a UK based health scheme, and said they would provide the same level of service for the same contributions for the foreseeable future. As I have no experience of using HSF as yet does anyone else know if they are user friendly and efficient.
    Question 2)I am also wondering if I am making the best use of my money (myself and husband are both retired) in having two types of insurance. My Quinn health care cost us 1078 Euro this year and HSF 811 Euro.
    My thinking in having Hsf as well as Quinn is that the excess with Quinn is 550 Euro before we get refunded any day to day expenses/consultant fees etc. whereas we get 100% up to a max of 195 Euro per person for Dental and Optical and 100% up to 345 for Consulation fees then 50% of GP fees, Physio, Chiropody, Prescriptions, and 90 Euro per person per night for hosiptal inpatient or hospital day case up to a max of 1800 per year. This seemed like value for money to me but maybe having a policy with a higher spec e.g. Gold Manager 3800 pa or Gold Essential 3330 pa would give me
    better cover.
    Sorry if this is a little muddled but any suggestions would be helpful.

Advertisement