Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expensive Sneakers are Cutting Heels

Options
  • 07-10-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hello all

I bought a pair of expensive sneakers by a market leader and in one of the main sports shops in the last week. i have worn them 3 times and they are absolutely CUTTING the heels off me, no matter what kind of socks i try with them. What can I do? Can I at least get a credit note? They look barely worn yet i have worn them enough to know that they hurt me and I dont believe in this day and age (and for €82) I need to 'wear them in'.

All opinions welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ehh..did you not try them on before ya bought them?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You can expect to be able to bring them back if there is something wrong with them. Not if you simply change your mind. A dodgy fit does not sound to me like the shoes themselves are faulty, they just dont suit you, which would be down to not trying them properly before you bought. Even so, most shops are understanding if the shoes arent marked, but in the case where shoes are obviously worn, how is the shop expected to sell them again?

So you might have a hard time if you go back with them. Now, if there is a rough edge on the shoe which is causing the problem, thats different.

If you cant change them, Id bring them to a shoe repair place to see if they can stretch them.

There was a simlilar thread here about shoes a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

kaimera wrote: »
    ehh..did you not try them on before ya bought them?

Ehh of course i did. It is only when you start walking in them properly that the shoes start to cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hmmm tough one, i've rarely if ever had that issue with runners, shiney shoes for work on the other hand require days of agony to wear in.

Did you try them on in the shop before you bought them?

Edit: just saw you did

Be no harm maybe going back and see if they will change them for you.

It could be suggested that the goods are not fit for the purpose they where sold for ie wearing on your feet, but I think it unlikely that arguement would hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Oryx wrote: »
    There was a simlilar thread here about shoes a few months ago.

Thanks found it!
    All I can do is try! the sneakers are not scuffed or dirty, just slightly creased. But I was actually given the display pair (only realised that after) so hopefully I can say that they were slightly creased when i got them from people trying them on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Maybe they just need breaking in. What brand are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Runners often need breaking in. I had a pair of Puma a while that had a hard plastic insert in the back of the heel. It took ages for them to become comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

dudara wrote: »
    Runners often need breaking in. I had a pair of Puma a while that had a hard plastic insert in the back of the heel. It took ages for them to become comfortable.
    It'd be worse if they didn't have that plastic cup, it gives a lot of support and helps to keep the runner on.
    Best bet is to wear them in, footwear is made to fit the average foot (if there is such a thing) it'd take a bit of time to wear them in to the shape of your foot, with runners you generally wouldn't notice it as much as by their nature they are softer.
    In the mean time OP it may help to wear a plaster on your heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This happens me all the time as I have odd feet. People's feet are shaped differently, it's not the shop's fault.

Sounds stupid, but I got a wrist band and put it around my ankle. This protects the area while breaking in the shoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Pythia wrote: »
    This happens me all the time as I have odd feet. People's feet are shaped differently, it's not the shop's fault.

Sounds stupid, but I got a wrist band and put it around my ankle. This protects the area while breaking in the shoes.
    Good idea that.............Just make sure its not a studded one though icon7.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement