Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Central locking prob...

Options
  • 07-10-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Well folks,
    the c/l on my trusty 00 focus is starting to give a little grief. It intermittently locks & unlocks by itself and sometimes will only open one door & the rest about 5 minutes later. Has anyone else had this experience??
    Could it just be a simple case of a replacement actuator, or complete replacement of both motors???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Try this. I found this off the yahoo search engine.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070513154812AAkZHi3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

patpark121 wrote: »
    Well folks,
    the c/l on my trusty 00 focus is starting to give a little grief. It intermittently locks & unlocks by itself and sometimes will only open one door & the rest about 5 minutes later. Has anyone else had this experience??
    Could it just be a simple case of a replacement actuator, or complete replacement of both motors???

I had a similar problem with an old Orion. I'm guessing you have central locking?

On my Orion it was the interior passenger door hadle was stiff (doen't get uses much) and was half open. As the central locking on Fords generally works from both front doors, the half open / half closed handle would intermittantly trigger the central locking.

Check the interior passenger door handle - if it's stiff then a bit of WD40 should do the trick.

Advertisement