Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops in the USA

Options
  • 07-10-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey Folks, am off to the States at the end of the month, looking to pick up a cheap laptop, anyone know the best shops to buy laptops n the states. Am i better off picking up on in Duty Free on the way back or buy one from a store over there...

Have been trying to suss out prices before i go, but dont know the sites to check, any help appreciated.

P:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Best Buy, Circuit City and any large shopping centre (excuse me, mall).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

redout wrote: »
    ...(excuse me, mall).
    LOL

There is usually a Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. near a shopping center (mall), but not usually in one. You can get laptops for pretty cheap though. Check the stores' webpages to pre-shop and see what the prices are like. You might even want to search the manufacturer's webpage, order one, and have it sent to your hotel while you are there.

Also, I like to travel and have seen the inside of many airports, and I have never seen any laptops for sale at a duty-free shop. I never really looked for them (usually distracted by the alcohol) so they might be there...but I certainly don't remember seeing anything at an actual duty-free shop in an airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭GBX

See what deals are going around Thanksgiving, they usually have great sales around then. I picked up a laptop when I was there last year. Worked out €330. Just had to pick up a plug convertor when I got back here.
    Google "black friday" which is the day after thanksgiving, There are sites which will notify you of the deals as the stores announce them. Nowadays the black friday sales run for a few days with the bigger bargains like laptops going early. so you may need to queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

GBX wrote: »
    See what deals are going around Thanksgiving, they usually have great sales around then. I picked up a laptop when I was there last year. Worked out €330. Just had to pick up a plug convertor when I got back here.
    Google "black friday" which is the day after thanksgiving, There are sites which will notify you of the deals as the stores announce them. Nowadays the black friday sales run for a few days with the bigger bargains like laptops going early. so you may need to queue.

Thanks, but only going over for the last week in october. Anyone know what electronics stores are resellers for Dell, wouldn't mind picking up one of there new minis

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Heading to america at the end of the month and was wondering where i could get a good laptop in a bricks and mortar store in the US. Having a website online would help aswell cos i could chose which one i want before i get there!

Was looking at a dell xps 1530 for aound €1000. So wanted to get something around that price range.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

whoops sorry. Just looked on the first page and didn't see any threads on it. Search will be my best-friend from now on :D

Advertisement