Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brainstorming Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Ok peeps, here’s one for ya.....

I'm getting a cover up on my back soon to cover this malicious piece:

MyTatts005.jpg

I'm hoping to turn the centre piece into a large sacred heart, and above that two swallows carrying a scrolling banner between them, and also possibly carrying a set of rosary beads. I wanna flesh the bottom out with some more roses and other blooms.

My main concern is that I'm a stickler for symmetry....which is why this piece p*sses me off hugely right now, that and the fact that it's crap! :L

What think ye with many talents? Doable? Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think that's quite do-able Shelli, and the idea that you have sounds pretty good!
    As it is only the outlines, and they aren't too bold looking, then there shouldn't be too much trouble getting this covered up, but it'll cost you as it's going to have to be quite a large piece, with lots of filling...

Can I ask what that thing in the middle was meant to be, as I just can't figure it out apart from the crown!

it's an eye, tribal style, well it was supposed to be, with a crown and some flame type things.

I've been saving for my back piece for ages so I'm ready to get started! :D

Shelli wrote: »
    it's an eye, tribal style, well it was supposed to be, with a crown and some flame type things.

I've been saving for my back piece for ages so I'm ready to get started! :D

Awesome :D

Make sure you pick the right artist this time though :eek:

Ah I was young and naive, and my ex wanted to be a tattoo artist.................

in all fairness though, from what I've seen of his more recent work, he's pretty good now.

But yes, I think I'll be a tad more selective when it comes to the artist this time, don't regret it though LOL

• Advertisement

Lol! The things we put up with for loved people we cared for...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

vangoz wrote: »
    Gonna start a sleeve early next year maybe march..... I want the it to be centered around a post apocalypse, mixing both the human side(nuclear fallout, zomies???? etc) and a dark fantasy side (demons etc)

I have sourced feck all material so far, only kinda bits and pieces out of magazines and so.

Anyone know of artists that have maybe done similar kinda work to this???

Ta
    If your looking for ideas for demons and stuff check out Paul Booth at last rites tattoos,hes got loads that tou could use as a reference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Cherryvega wrote: »
    Are you considering going totally tribal and blocky or would you consider a more fluid, organic celtic?
    I think you'd get more movement if it was done in dot work, Skull in Celtic Resurrection in Sligo would def be the guy to do it. He's done some amazing freehand and celtic is one of his specialities :)

Definately not tribal, i'm going for the fluid natural style, curves and spirals, dotwork was something I never thought of thanks.

I'm just unsure if it will look like a bunch of blue spaghetti like lines when its done instead of what its supposed to.

Good call on Celtic Ressurection - I looked up the portfolio there and something like this -
    http://www.celticresurrection.com/portfolio/File0005.html

The spirals style on the face - I know thats the whitework style look but the shapes and spirals are similar to what i'm looking for.

Some really nice knotwork pieces in that portfolio!

Readers beware tho, some NSFW pics near the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

c - 13 wrote: »
    Definately not tribal, i'm going for the fluid natural style, curves and spirals, dotwork was something I never thought of thanks.

I'm just unsure if it will look like a bunch of blue spaghetti like lines when its done instead of what its supposed to.

Good call on Celtic Ressurection - I looked up the portfolio there and something like this -
    http://www.celticresurrection.com/portfolio/File0005.html

The spirals style on the face - I know thats the whitework style look but the shapes and spirals are similar to what i'm looking for.

Yea he's a mate of mine, savage tattooist. You should give him a shout, or if you've got a chance call into him in the shop :) I'm sure it won't be a problem getting exactly what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

hey guys appealing to the irish speakers out there! i think (i hope) i have this right but i just have school irish so can never be too sure!

mo chumas,
    mo theorainneacha,
    is mé féin

basically, what i wanna say is my potential, my limits, and myself. i like the content so dont wanna change that but if theres mistakes in my irish plz let me know! dont want it to be another one of those tats!!

il scan in a design when i get a chance! sorry if this is the wrong thread for this sort of thing!

Rubbish at Irish myself, but I know a few posters here (Will and a few others) are pretty fluent with Irish, so may be able to help when they get on!

Not sure if this is the proper thread but i was planning on placing my tattoo on the side of my thigh. well the upper part as in so it would still be covered by shorts or boxers even. would putting it here restrict my design? with text being involved is there a particular way i should do it? i had planned on a circle filled in with all the letters but would that work?? if not how would ppl recommend doing it?? i know im being the typical and probably annoyingly ignorant newbie so please excuse me for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

enimakat wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the proper thread but i was planning on placing my tattoo on the side of my thigh. well the upper part as in so it would still be covered by shorts or boxers even. would putting it here restrict my design? with text being involved is there a particular way i should do it? i had planned on a circle filled in with all the letters but would that work?? if not how would ppl recommend doing it?? i know im being the typical and probably annoyingly ignorant newbie so please excuse me for that!

Hi Enimakat, the only restriction with regards the placement of your tattoo would only be for aesthetic reasons, by that I mean if your tattoo is quite wide and is curving around your thigh slightly, it may require a slight rethink regarding size or some such.
    As for your design, I'm not sure what you mean, do you intend on getting a circle with the letters of the alphabet inside it?? Give us some more info.

Diceicle wrote: »
    As for your design, I'm not sure what you mean, do you intend on getting a circle with the letters of the alphabet inside it?? Give us some more info.

sorry see like 3 posts up i have the words that i wanna use.
    i know that my last post was kinda confusing sory i have serious problems trying to put words with the ideas i have in my head!! god knows i aint never gonna be a journalist! anywho, so i wasnt really looking for too big a tattoo just someway of portraying those words in the coolest way possibly basically!

I've been thinking a lot over the last week or so about my upcoming back piece, especially seeing as I have the money now to get it sorted....

I'm not sure I want a straight forward sacred heart anymore?? So I was thinking of a Claddagh Heart....but in new school cartoon style with a bold outline and bright colours....

Now the only thing that worries me is that a claddagh heart has no flames.....and I was kind of relying on the flames to help with the cover up.

Personally I like the idea of having a Claddagh on a flaming background....but I just wanted to check if there is some reason I shouldn't do this, like some underlying meaning to the Claddagh heart that I’m not aware of:
    I only know of the traditional meaning.

Anyone? Or can anyone suggest an alternative background that could work with the cover up?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

tbh I think flames may be a bit too harsh for it mebbe?? I'm thinking something more delicate like maybe clouds or the like?

Something like the filler in this :http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1076/1415283764_44e3f32547.jpg?v=0

I think it would look great especially if you're still going with the swallows...

Gah... really crap explaining things! Anyhow, think less invasive than flames :)

ooo, those clouds are really pretty, I'd love some clouds with negative space starts possibly, but if you look at the piece that needs covering I'm not sure coulds would cover the lines??

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Been thinking for the last few months bout another tattoo.... Doubt anyone will like it but Im really into it but just curious whats the possibility of getting it done so it looks good! I want a tattoo of a bite mark on my ass. Very corny I know... I want there to look like there is bruising and possibly a drip or two of blood! Who would ye recommend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

This is my next piece, doing it on Tuesday

3228466426a9317035238l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

So I think I'm in the right thread now... Anyways, here is my design.

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/skywards_again/?action=view&current=tattoo1-1.jpg

Again, I appologize for the bad pic combined with my awful drawing. Again, the random X's surrounding it was me making sure the tips weren't broken on my drawing utensils =P. Whatcha think? Yea? Nay? "Skywards your an idiot for even posting such an ugly thing?". I like it and I've worked on it for quite some time, but I've got no idea where the hell to put it o.O

My first thought on seeing it would be on the back, between the shoulder blades!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

My first thought on seeing it would be on the back, between the shoulder blades!

Good idea, thanks! I never would have thought of that. I was thinking maybe on my wrist (small), but thats a cool idea too :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Time for some new ink for me. Gonna get a leg sleeve (ankle to knee) hopefully done by pawel in snakebite. Looked at his portfolio and his biomech/flowery pieces really stand out.

Bit sappy but asking my mother what her favorite flowers are and gonna get him to incorporate it into the tattoo. Should have it done near my birthday (end of feb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Time for more ink for me.

The picture is of my chain that a friend got for me on my last birthday. I have a strong belief in angels and I'd love to get this tattooed on my left wrist (i've got a star and the celtic tree of life on my right wrist).

Any suggestions as to how I might add to it to make it more animate? Going to go to Bullmans in Limerick for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Aoife 2k that's lovely! I think it would look lovely just as a black outline.

Here are my tattoo designs. I was looking at lots of lily/ orchid tattoos but lots were tacky and brash. I want something as elegant and feminine as possible with no colour.

152534887a9996017501l.jpg

I want it on my right shoulder blade and want it to curve up to my shoulder and maybe over towards my spine.

I like the flower but I think the tendrils need more work. Any suggestions?

All feedback appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I know this thread is quite old, but it's a good one, and I don't feel like starting a new thread, I ain't that important :D

Right, well, while I am only 17 (Don't worry mods, don't plan on getting a tattoo for ages) I'm already thinking of ideas for my first tattoo and said I'd ask what ye thought. Anyway, what I was thinking was one of those old style american ferris wheels, with script across the middle saying "No retreat, No Regrets." This idea just came to me today, it's inspired by a band who mean alot to me called The Gaslight Anthem. The script is lyrics from their song Meet me by the Rivers Edge, and the ferris wheel kind of epitomises the imagery and meaning of their music to me. Anyway, suggestions welcome, just said I'd throw it out there as I'm bored :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i say... shpuldnt you have been in bed!!!!! bold!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Oh Will, you drunkard!

• Advertisement
Advertisement