Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to farming

• 07-10-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

i am about to buy a small piece of land and rent a few acres also,just wondered would i be eligible to any payments such as single farm payment since i had no stock previous to this ,would appreciate any advice thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

k mac wrote: »
    i am about to buy a small piece of land and rent a few acres also,just wondered would i be eligible to any payments such as single farm payment since i had no stock previous to this ,would appreciate any advice thanks

The Single Farm Payment is a fully decoupled payment based on payments which were received under various EU schemes in a specific reference period. While you may not qualify for the SFP, there are other schemes which you may enroll in which would have entitlements associated with them (for example REPS4, Farm Waste Management Scheme etc). If you contact your local Teagasc office, an advisor will be able to appraise your situation and inform you of your entitlements.

Advertisement