Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

help choosing tv

• 07-10-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi, 1st time around these parts, just want a bit of help choosing a tv for the bedroom. 26" lcd hd ready was my goal and budget was €450ish. I'll be mainly using it to watch SD tv and play ps3 in HD. Both of these look to fit the bil and come in under budget. As its only for my room, I don't mind too much about it not being the top of the range tv. I will play with the idea of setting up surround sound off it as well. Here are the 2 models I've noticed.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=350114
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/1446487/art/acer/at2645-dtv-lcd-television.html

The Acer seems to be a good deal with digital tuner and high contrast ratio, but Acer aren't exactly a big name in the tv world. The samsung seems to be a great price for the brand, but I'm wondering if its just the badge I'm paying for. Having said that, we have a 40" samsung downstairs and its amazing with a HD signal, and I'm afraid the acer might pale in comparison.

Anyone have any experience with acer tv sets or offer any advice?

Sorry if these questions pop up all the time :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I am going to sound like a broken record or a covert RS salesman! I just got a Samsung 37" A656 from them priced 599stg and 20 stg delivery. I saved hundreds on the price compared to others. My advice is ring them in Belfast and ask their advice. You can also check out their UK website as they bring stock in from there.

I have no doubt you will save on two fronts 1) the inital price - as they are very competitive and if not they will usually price match, 2) the delivery - as it is often pricey for large items. Also, if you have an issue their on the same Island.

majj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

I would go with the Samsung. Great tv's.
    They have really improved over the last few years, no its not just a name you're paying for. They are up there with Sony imo...only not as expensive!.

Advertisement