Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router Bridging

Options
  • 07-10-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an eircom router that I have been trying to set to Bridging mode but have been unsuccessful. Everytime I access the software and set it to Bridge I lose the connection. Even after doing a hard reset I still lose the broadband connection. I have tried this on two different sites but the exact same result. It seems like when you try and set it to bridge it upsets the connection with the exchange.They are both netopia 2247 modems. I am trying to put in a Netgear VPn after the modem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Can't say I have ever had any problems with this config. What model Netgear box have you got? Do you have the Netgear box setup for PPPOE Authentication or are you trying to use a PPPOE client behind that, which could be trickier.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Hi ,
    Thanks for your reply.

I have done this loads of times before and never had any problems. Its for a CCTV install where the customer can access their site directly. It always involves installing a netgear FVG318 in bridging mode after their Eircom modem.

Can't understand whats going on and all Eircom say is that its non standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

get it to connect at least once with the standard eircom config
    the new firmware on the netopias have an autosensing PPOE

once connection is established then reconfigure

have the netgear setup but switch on the netopia first and give it 2 -3 mins , make sure DSL is on , then switch on the netgear , the internet light on the netopia should come on then I think

, or save yourself calling back and supply them a zyxel instead !

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Thanks Guys,

Any details on the Zyxel?

Advertisement