Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

increasing grip on tyres

Options
  • 07-10-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have a flail lawnmower which is working fine except for the tyre grip. I'm clearing rough ground full of briars and the tyres keep spinning around - no grip. The wheels are wheelbarrow type from a Ransomes Vergecutter and the tyre size is hub Diametre 8", Tyre width 3.5" and tyre diametre 15". I've tried looking for tractor tyres for that size but no joy.
    Anyone know if I can wrap something around then to increase grip or any ingenious way to get them to grip.
    Mikecb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've heard of putting chains around tyres for driving in snow and that's supposed to work but it might be fairly difficult to do right...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mikecb

I wonder if chains work on mud etc. I will google it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Mikecb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Not sure if thats a solid tyre or a pnumatic one. If it's the latter you could try lowering the air pressure to gain more grip.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement