Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good pub grub in greystones

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Had yet another superb lunch in the woodlands today.

1lb burger is hard to get your jaws around but its so damn tasty and wont leave you Hungary!

Staff where super friendly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Had yet another superb lunch in the woodlands today.

1lb burger is hard to get your jaws around but its so damn tasty and wont leave you Hungary!

Staff where super friendly again.

Blimey, the half pounder is hard enough to eat mate!

Nice to have a proper home made burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

The attitude in the Burnaby is legendary.It's always been the same, they seem to pride themselves on it. The pubs in Greystones are generally abysmal due to the monopoly and kind of pubs the people in question run.

I can't comment on the Woodlands but I know a few decent judges who visit.

The Carraig Bar in Killincarrig is a nice place to have a quiet pint. IMO the Grove up at the Willow Grove is the nicest pub around. surroundings are very nice,drink is good,staff are v friendly, uncomplicated food is available but not a full menu. There is never a problem getting a taxi and there is a minibus for €2 that runs around the area at the end of the night all year.

If it's value in food your after , the Sunday menu upstairs in the Monk, pub grub in the Glen o' the downs golf club, (no problem walking in off the street/lane, no tele mind) would be my picks. I was also pleasantly surprised at the restaurant in the Glenview Hotel recently. V nice and not v expensive but felt likely a 'classy' place. I ate a couple of evening meals in Cafe fiore a good while back and they where good and well priced. Is he still doing evening meals ?

The pub scene in Greystones is shockin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yes would agree with all of those sentiments and no the cafe fiora does not do evenings anymore. Winder what it is with the publican you mentioned? I know he reads these threads, but has done nothing to improve that legendary horrible attitude and continues to treat people with contempt(or so i hear). Full marks as usual to woodlands. His efforts are faultless. Imagine what he could do with a fine space and location like the Burnaby.

Advertisement