Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All SE owners please help!! W910i!!

• 07-10-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Long story short-I looked at my phone today and the screen has gone black, the back lights etc still work-but it wont actually show anything!! It makes the noises etc but wont show anything. After some snooping online it looks like a software issue, only problem is i cant see the phone to get it into 'usb mode' which is located in settings menu=connectivity=then i cant remember which one.
    Can anyone tell me, what happens when you turn your phone off, take out the sim card and try using the phone? Does it go into flight mode? can i access menus?
    I'd love a little step by step 'what you see' and 'what to press' if anyone can help.
    Also-all hope isnt lost, earlier on i connected it to the pc (for some reason they dont do mac software!) and the 'sony screen' came on, but went away.
    Really do need some help,because i want to get my numbers off it before bringing it back to vodafone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

did you personally clear your sim of all numbers? cos if you didnt they could still be there. SE's copy the numbers to the phone and use the phone memory by default. just try that before panicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

I didnt clear my sim of numbers-they just aint there. I just swapped over to meteor again so there were none on it.
    The numbers will still be 'on' the phone, but because i cant see whats actually on the screen, i cant turn the phone into usb mode-so it won't connect to the computer in the correct mode to back up.
    Its killing me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i happen to have a w910i here so follow these instructions and hopefully they'll be the same:

first if your sim has a pin put it in another phone and deactivate it, then put it back in the w910 and follow the instructions

turn on->(wait about 15 secs)->enter->press end call a few times and wait 2 or 3 seconds->enter->right->down->down->enter->left->down->enter->down->down->enter

that should bring you to the right menu so follow those instructions a few times and each time you get to that menu press down->enter to select the next option and try it out to see if it's the right one

the hardest part will be turning it on because you have to get it after the loading screen but before the power save thing comes on or you'll press enter the wrong number of times. It might be better to press it 5 or 6 times to make sure you've got to the main menu, then press end call to bring you back to the main screen and continue from the 'press end call' instruction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Try having the phone off and plug in the USB and then turn it on. It might automatically go into USB mode.

On my SE when updating I have to wait until the update screen and plug the USB in and turn on the phone while holding the 'c' button.

EDIT: Hadn't seen Vimes instructions, I'm sure you'll have more success there.

Thanks vimes-ill try that later on!! Didnt occur to me to just turn my pin off and try it!! Ill keep u all posted!!

• Advertisement

Great news-i got my contacts off the phone!! Unfortunately when i try and update the firmware, it says theres no connection to the internet!! I think ill just throw it into vodafone now-let my guarantee fix it!

Advertisement