Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyber Sunday Thread! (may contain **Spoilers**)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

krudler wrote: »
    a better question would be why is it even called Cyber Sunday since theres no cyber voting? SMS Sunday or Text In Tuesday would be more apt :)

Even when they did internet voting the word Cyber was outdated then. The reason they use it is that it is catchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

krudler wrote: »
    I did, but since dave meltzer said it it must be true then, less of the condescending as well you only make yourself look like a bigger prat when you try to talk down to people

I don't see how rovert was being condescending. Please don't try to start trouble

Any random two wrestlers in WWE thrown together in a match should be able to have at least a passable match with each other on short notice

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't see how rovert was being condescending. Please don't try to start trouble

Any random two wrestlers in WWE thrown together in a match should be able to have at least a passable match with each other on short notice

Do you not remember Jeff Hardy & Carlito's match from 2006. Hunt it down and tell me they had worked out a plan B. :eek: They called it in the ring and it was sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    Do you not remember Jeff Hardy & Carlito's match from 2006. Hunt it down and tell me they had worked out a plan B. :eek: They called it in the ring and it was sh*te.

I do remember, i also remember everyone tried to pin the blame on Jeff for that match, despite the fact that Carlito actually blew more spots than Hardy did!

But still, Stan made up for it.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I do remember, i also remember everyone tried to pin the blame on Jeff for that match, despite the fact that Carlito actually blew more spots than Hardy did!

Carlito then decided to do a 5 minute bear hug followed by 5 minute chinlock :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Id say they will get some ring time together at house shows coming up.

Whoever is against each other.

You know its just going to be comedy with Santino v Honky/Piper/Goldust.
    So no one is really expecting that to steal the show.

Batista v Jericho is pretty straight forward, the ref, whoever it be will probably get involved.
    Orton, he would probably beat jericho down, leading to him being no.1.
    HBK, He would have that pissed "call it down the middle" until the last few minutes when he misses a count for jericho or something. leading to a serious beat down by batista followed by Sweet chin music by Shawn.
    If its Austin they could use it to set something up to lead to 'Mania.. Not sure what tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Id love to see Goldust just to see the boos he gets

callaway92 wrote: »

Goldust would never be booed on a debut especially when wrestling Santino. Him doing gay spot with Marella would get over huge.

callaway92 wrote: »

why would he be boo'd?

I would've thought it was more "Who is he?" kinda atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I wonder will Goldust come with Misty the rat?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder will Goldust come with Misty the rat?

And maybe darkness falls.

rovert wrote: »
    Goldust would never be booed on a debut especially when wrestling Santino. Him doing gay spot with Marella would get over huge.

It would, but you know as well as i do that it's not going to happen. They had to turn him face to drop the gay angle because WWE had complaints filed left right and centre between 96-97. And that was pre PG era.

So they're sure as hell not gonna do it now!

It would, but you know as well as i do that it's not going to happen. They had to turn him face to drop the gay angle because WWE had complaints filed left right and centre between 96-97. And that was pre PG era.

So they're sure as hell not gonna do it now!

There is kissing a black man in a coma gay and there is feel you up mid match gay.

What is Dustin Rhodes sexual orientation?

Like, he was married to Terry....

He was married to Terri, they've since divorced.
    He's a straight dude who spent the first two years of his second WWE stretch portraying the character of a sexual deviant gay guy.

Sometimes i wonder if it's still real to you damnit! ;)

• Advertisement

:D:D

Ha, sometimes i like to think it is.

But back on topic, :pac:

I was just wondering if there was a connection between how he was booked and how.. well.. he done his part and his divorce with Terri.

:D:D

Ha, sometimes i like to think it is.

But back on topic, :pac:

I was just wondering if there was a connection between how he was booked and how.. well.. he done his part and his divorce with Terri.

That was down to a combination of things, Terri and Dusty didn't exactly have the best relationship in the world, putting Dustin in an awkward position between his family and his father. I'd say that ran a lot deeper than just a wrestling storyline. They were married for seven years.

That was down to a combination of things, Terri and Dusty didn't exactly have the best relationship in the world, putting Dustin in an awkward position between his family and his father. I'd say that ran a lot deeper than just a wrestling storyline. They were married for seven years.

Was it just me, or did the HOF speech seem slightly forced?

Was it just me, or did the HOF speech seem slightly forced?

Just you i think, although you should watch the Dusty DVD. Dustin cries more times in that DVD than Benoit did in his, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thetingtings

he is rillik from tna and cody r brother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Excuse me?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

he is rillik from tna and cody r brother

:confused:

Ok, i can speak some Idiot, so here we go:
    he is rillik from tna

"He appears to be Rellik that was previously in TNA."
    and cody r brother

"His sibling is current world tag champion Cody Rhodes."

And in response to that, yes, yes he is.... :rolleyes:

Please don't use text speak on this forum

He was... I can't even remember his name in TNA. Dark something... But it wasn't Rellik, he was Johnny Stamboli

I can't even remember his name in TNA. Dark something... But it wasn't Rellik, he was Johnny Stamboli

Black Reign was him, it was his 'Heel' side.

Dustin Rhodes being his 'face'.

Black Reign was him, it was his 'Heel' side.

Dustin Rhodes being his 'face'.

Correct answer. Black Reign basically a Mark II version of the Se7en character he played in WCW, only with a pet rat.

To his eternal credit, he wouldn't be the first one, Bad News Allen brought a cage of alleged sewer rats to the ring with him at Summerslam 90.

Either way, Black Reign and Se7en were true creative abortions, now, let's go back to living in the land of fantasy and believe that this never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Correct answer. Black Reign basically a Mark II version of the Se7en character he played in WCW, only with a pet rat.

To his eternal credit, he wouldn't be the first one, Bad News Allen brought a cage of alleged sewer rats to the ring with him at Summerslam 90.

Either way, Black Reign and Se7en were true creative abortions, now, let's go back to living in the land of fantasy and believe that this never happened.

correct me if im worong but didnt se7en only last one week in WCW? he flew to the ring and said "i left wwf because of sullsh!t gimmicks like this...i was golddust....i am no longer a gimmick" or something like that!

correct me if im worong but didnt se7en only last one week in WCW? he flew to the ring and said "i left wwf because of sullsh!t gimmicks like this...i was golddust....i am no longer a gimmick" or something like that!

He lasted one or two weeks alright, WCW had planned on that character for weeks, and then the week he debuted on Nitro, Standards and Practices put out a Cease and Desist on the character to Turner broadcasting, as they felt it could be implying child abduction. So he then came out and gave that whole speech.

Of course 8 years later, we got Black Reign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Piper is gonna win the IC one by a mile, especially after he had one or two backstage bits with Santino recently from what I remember.I wouldn't Honky Tonk Man to get the match cos would blow the story line with Santino way too early imo, they could drag it out for a good bit longer I reckon

orestes wrote: »
    Piper is gonna win the IC one by a mile, especially after he had one or two backstage bits with Santino recently from what I remember.I wouldn't Honky Tonk Man to get the match cos would blow the story line with Santino way too early imo, they could drag it out for a good bit longer I reckon

ive got a feeling the fans will votw honky because his name has been mentioned alot lately, itll be the kids that are mainly voting for this and really they wont have a clue who golddust is (shame, i want him back) and the piper thing has faded a bit so the most recent name constantly mentioned is honky!

• Advertisement

itll be the kids that are mainly voting for this

I'd have said that there wouldn't be many kids voting. Do most kids have a phone?

I'd have said that there wouldn't be many kids voting. Do most kids have a phone?

I guess we have to anticipate that if they are anything like kids here then more than likely?

I guess we have to anticipate that if they are anything like kids here then more than likely?

ive had a mpobile phone since i was 11/12, in highly materialistic america it wouldnt surprose me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ive got a feeling the fans will votw honky because his name has been mentioned alot lately, itll be the kids that are mainly voting for this and really they wont have a clue who golddust is (shame, i want him back) and the piper thing has faded a bit so the most recent name constantly mentioned is honky!

I agree it will be mostly kids, but that's why I reckon Piper will take it, kids have absolutely no idea who Honky Tonk man is, just hearing his name a few times won't be enough imo

At 99c a vote, they won't be getting that many texts (with the recession and all!). And as was already said, it will be mostly kids voting.

I'd say the vote will more than likely be:

Piper v Santino
    Stone Cold as ref

Plus Honky Tonk is still recovering all these years later!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agL_BPZP1xc

ok rethinking about this situation, if you put yourself in a 11/12 year olds mind..

i know if it was me, i probably wouldnt even bother spending the money on voting for this because for 1) Kids generally dont know who either 3 are apart from a guy who trained some guy from kimmy kimmel, a guy who has a meter and a golden guy. 2) i dont think kids care that much who santino is.

i speak like this because my little brother is 11 today/saturday and before he went to bed i asked him who he would vote for which led me to that analagy above.

Nothing like a little market research :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You are ignoring the fact that the wee little kiddies went against the guy who was being promoted (Rhodes) and went for Piper (even before Kimmelgate).

WWE Championship

(WWE Universe chooses challenger)

Ok so its WWE Champ Triple H vs.

1. Jeff Hardy

2. Vladimir Kozlov

3. A triple threat match,
    Jeff v Vladimir Kozlov v HHH.

I know who i'd be voting for.

On an off topic note, It bugs me how Vince doesnt like the word "Fan".

So its a triple threat match then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The fans will vote for Jeff alone, and Jeff will come really close to winning but the Game will just about hold onto his belt continuing his reign of terror:(

Just found this on PWinsider:

Armageddon spoilers:
    According to localized advertisements sent out by the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY, the two top matches for the December WWE Armaggedon PPV will be:

World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat Match:
    Chris Jericho will defend against John Cena and Batista

WWE Championship Match
    Triple H will defend against Vladimir Kozlov.

Keep in mind that the card is always subject to change so this is not confirmed.

Tickets for the event will go on sale next Saturday, October 18th.
    The wwe championship match (if legit) is interesting.

Armageddon
    : I would say Cena will make an early return alright to be at Armageddon. And in true Cena fashion, he will get a title shot straight way. As for Koslov, could we be looking at the winner of the Royal Rumble in January?

Armageddon
    : I was hoping they would keep Kozlov as 'Undefeated' all the way to mania.

But now at armageddon super hunter will probably bury him. :(

Armageddon
    : If Triple H gets disqualified, Koslov wins @ Armageddon and yet Triple H keeps the title - that way, we have the continuing undefeated streak and Triple H retains the title. Thats if this match even happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

anyone see a kane-like world title run for jeff in the future?

one more reign for trips when he wins it back!

• Advertisement

DRakE wrote: »

Jeff doesnt need a title to get over, hell he doesnt need a push.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

another match has been added Undertaker vs. Big Show (WWE Universe chooses TBD). the stipulation will be decided on SD

Rjd2 wrote:
    The fans will vote for Jeff alone, and Jeff will come really close to winning but the Game will just about hold onto his belt continuing his reign of terror
    DRakE wrote: »

This is exactly what i'm talking about.
    Bitching if he doesn't drop it.
    Bitching if he does drop it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

brolly wrote: »
    Armageddon
    : I would say Cena will make an early return alright to be at Armageddon. And in true Cena fashion, he will get a title shot straight way.
    and get pinned clean ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

This is exactly what i'm talking about.
    Bitching if he doesn't drop it.
    Bitching if he does drop it. :rolleyes:

if cena or taker went 15 months and only let themselves be pinned once or won 10 world titles in less than 6 years i bet there would be alot of bitching

• Advertisement
Advertisement