Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyber Sunday Thread! (may contain **Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

are they bringing him back?...

(please, please, please... that'd be a laugh!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

EdK wrote: »
    Austin looks to be in fairly good shape :D

Thats the first thing i seen too.

Is it just me or does dave actually seem to be wrestling a bit more than usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

you guys want a jericho or batista win? im not sure which I want; like the two of them.

FeetMagic wrote: »
    you guys want a jericho or batista win? im not sure which I want; like the two of them.

I want jericho cos i dont want batista as champ again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Botchtista kept his shoulders down for the three count, Michael Cole has to reiterate three times that he kicked out in time when he clearly didn't.

I reckon Jericho's heel storyline (and his title-reign) is due to last a bit longer yet. Seems they're stretching things - rivalries and storylines - out longer these days...

So yeah, I'm guessing Jericho will retain, ... Austin will assist in that somehow (maybe) ... and the rivalry with Batista will continue.

Just waiting to see a stunner delivered... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Dave looked way too happy on his way out for my liking
    The dude can't sell for **** either

Stunner to batista

... although Steve grabbing Chris by the hair and pulling him out of that hold...

... hard to predict, perhaps this is...

[edit]: Austin is doing the 3-counts much more slowly when Jericho is pinned compared to when Jericho is doing the pinning, imho...

• Advertisement

When was the last time someone tapped to the Walls of jericho?

ROFL @ Michaels :)

... AND Orton...

F**k this... Bring back Stone Cold...

{EDIT} - OH ... he's back...
    and...

and...

NICE finish!

... Funny, and Batista wins (with an excuse put in there for Jericho to say he should have had the 3-count and re-ignite his feud with HBK)

JBL!? eww...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Arizona Screwjob 2008! JERICHO SCREWED JERICHO!
    Hey SharpshooterH, time to change yer sig! :D

Batista sprinting across the ring on his "injured" knee

Damn retard commentary Jericho DDT'd Batista are ye blind?

Just got interesting. Good fight.

• Advertisement

meh bastita orton rivalry will be good

thats it, im not watching raw now.

Batista is so sh*t, he can't even shave his head properly!

Told ye he looked too happy, Batista sucks as champ

Another steaming pile of sh*t PPV from WWE. Thank you Vince for taking Professional Wrestling and flushing it right down the crapper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Oh **** that Batista is champion again? So we have and bloody Hunter as champion on Smackdown?:mad: Oh Jesus wept.:(

at least theres ECW.......

at least theres ECW.......

Too bad nobody gives a f*ck about it.
    In 2000, who'd have thought that Paul Heyman wouldn't have given a crap about ECW and be writing columns for The Sun eight years later? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I actually enjoyed the first 3 matches..The rest were pants..Why couldnt they have put in the U.S match instead of the Halloween costume thing...Crowd were good which always helps..Last Man Standing was a borefest...And I wanted Kozlov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I only want to get two things off my chest
    • I ****ing hate Michelle McCool.
    • Why Vince why? Why did you take the strap off Jericho and give it to that tool Batista??!!
    That is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Why Vince why? Why did you take the strap off Jericho and give it to that tool Batista??!!

Destination: midcard

rovert wrote: »
    Destination: midcard

And I haven't got a clue as to why. From what I've come across, fans have enjoyed Jericho's title reign so what has happened? I can't believe how weak they made Jericho look; they give Baista the upper-hand for weeks leading up to the match and he still wins the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

And I haven't got a clue as to why. From what I've come across, fans have enjoyed Jericho's title reign so what has happened? I can't believe how weak they made Jericho look; they give Baista the upper-hand for weeks leading up to the match and he still wins the title.

Ratings are struggling and with Cena gone Batista is regarded as the most over face on the show. He is a bigger draw than Jericho ever will be sadly. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He is a bigger draw than Jericho ever will be sadly. :(

Is he? I don't see the Raw numbers improving with him as champ. Maybe they can book matches with him against people that the fans would be more interested in seeing than Jericho. It's a very marginal thing though to me.

The WWE seem to have alot of top guys that are much of a muchness in terms of being draws.

Is he? I don't see the Raw numbers improving with him as champ. Maybe they can book matches with him against people that the fans would be more interested in seeing than Jericho. It's a very marginal thing though to me.

The WWE seem to have alot of top guys that are much of a muchness in terms of being draws.

Nail on the head. The numbers didn't drop much during Jericho's reign, but at the same time they didn't go up much either. Vince is getting desperate so he'll throw the belt on anyone he can get kids to like until Cena is off the bench.

The he can turn the World Heavyweight Championship into a cheap piece of bling! Oh joy!

• Advertisement

When business dips Vince always puts the title on a big guy over a smaller one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

bah i forgot i was avoiding this thread and clicked in by habit :(

jericho lost :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Spike_irl

Wasn't the worst - was watchable.

Enjoyed the Matt and Evan's match - even thou there was a few small botches in it but wasn't bad for the first time together for the 2. Can't wait to see how they push this, must watch ECW now.

Would love to see Jeff Hardy v Evan Bourne, 2 highflyers, energetic Athletes

Santino match was not bad - seems like they are running out of stuff for him to say. can't see him out every week with the Honk a Meter.

Thought Goldust wasn't Dusty until the in Ring Segment when he took his hair off.

HHH v Hardy match was another usual match from them - gettin everyones hopes up to see hardy win until the Gorilla turns it into a win out of no-where with a Pedigree. I can probably see Hardy winning the Title around the time Edge Comes back to setup a Feud there and maybe putting HHH on Mr Kennedy if he returns.

Batista v Jericho was alright but Austin seem a bit watered down from his usual style - wasn't in the Match much. Can see title back on Jericho after the Steel Cage match on November. not sure what JBL was doing out there, obviously there's gonna be a HBK v JBL coming.

Anyhow thats my small response to the PPV we'll see how tonight goes with the storys. just Not looking forward to it opeing with Jericho in the Ring mouthin off about his loss :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    The he can turn the World Heavyweight Championship into a cheap piece of bling! Oh joy!

If they actually do that I'll cry. Cyber Sunday wasn't a bad show until Batista took the title after three run ins and about four ref bumps. Victoria in a banana costume was hilarious and the Last Man Standing was great. HHH/Hardy seemed too much of a repeat of their last match and the Bourne/Hardy match was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If they actually do that I'll cry. Cyber Sunday wasn't a bad show until Batista took the title after three run ins and about four ref bumps. Victoria in a banana costume was hilarious and the Last Man Standing was great. HHH/Hardy seemed too much of a repeat of their last match and the Bourne/Hardy match was good.

:rolleyes:
    Why do you think these??...

For some reason I felt sorry for Victoria. But I'm sure she was a willing participator.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭luckyjimbobs

Never wish harm on people but smackdown would be much better if HHH

did has quad again lol he just wont let anyone else take his spot.

The guy is so insecure when he is in most secure spot ever

I pity jeff and edge and big show and antbody else who could be champ

and wont get a look in cos of the almighty HHH

For some reason I felt sorry for Victoria. But I'm sure she was a willing participator.:pac:

She always does similar roles to the one she had last night.

She always does similar roles to the one she had last night.

I know that she has that comedic element to her character but so does Jillian and she got a costume as good as the rest of the divas. I don't know, just seeing Victoria dressed as a banana doing some silly song and dance made me feel a bit sad for her!

• Advertisement

I know that she has that comedic element to her character but so does Jillian and she got a costume as good as the rest of the divas. I don't know, just seeing Victoria dressed as a banana doing some silly song and dance made me feel a bit sad for her!

She was as dressed an Eiffel Tower I think the last time they did a contest.

Never wish harm on people but smackdown would be much better if HHH

did has quad again lol he just wont let anyone else take his spot.

Thats what people were saying when he was still on raw...
    (excluding the quad part)

It seems people will only be happy when HHH is given his own show, on his own where he can forever be champion every week. :rolleyes:

I don't know, just seeing Victoria dressed as a banana doing some silly song and dance made me feel a bit sad for her!

The Peanutbutter-Jelly ad. It's been used in pop culture for years now, Simpsons have spoofed it, Futuramana have spoofed it, Family Guy have spoofed it. It was only a matter of time really.

But then, Victoria has been a joke for the past few years now.
    But hey, it's divas, so why do you even care?!

She was as dressed an Eiffel Tower I think the last time they did a contest.

I didn't know that! I wasn't really watching the show that much last year.

So what everyone's favourite match last night? I have to go with Bourne/Hardy.

I didn't know that! I wasn't really watching the show that much last year.

So what everyone's favourite match last night? I have to go with Bourne/Hardy.

Completely agree.

Did anyone think that hardy was acting a little heel-ish too?

Completely agree.

Did anyone think that hardy was acting a little heel-ish too?

In what sense?
    Originally posted by ShawnRaven
    The Peanutbutter-Jelly ad. It's been used in pop culture for years now, Simpsons have spoofed it, Futuramana have spoofed it, Family Guy have spoofed it. It was only a matter of time really.

But hey, it's divas, so why do you even care?!

Take Mickie, Layla, Beth and Candice out of that and I agree.:pac:

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »

15514010aj7.jpg

In what sense?

In the sense that a lot of his defensive moves were very heel like.

Plummeting Evan with so many clotheslines for example.
    Take Mickie, Layla, Beth and Candice out of that and I agree.:pac:

And Maria and Natalya ;)

In the sense that a lot of his defensive moves were very heel like.

Plummeting Evan with so many clotheslines for example.

And Maria and Natalya ;)

Ah I didn't notice. But I wouldn't mind a return to Mattitude.:D

Maria for some reason doesn't do a lot for me. I'm indifferent towards her (in terms of endearment, of course she's hot). She's not in my 'love' category with the likes of Mickie and Layla, but she wouldn't be in my hate category either with the likes of McCool and *gasp* Kelly Kelly!:eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Don't know but last night I felt really good about wrestling after been at a show with Bret Hart I got home and switched on Cyber Sunday and I get to see piper , goldust and the legend himself The Honky Tonk Man and Marella was a legend himself Great weekend altogether

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Don't know but last night I felt really good about wrestling after been at a show with Bret Hart I got home and switched on Cyber Sunday and I get to see piper , goldust and the legend himself The Honky Tonk Man and Marella was a legend himself Great weekend altogether

You must have stopped watching the PPV after that then yeah?

• Advertisement
Advertisement