Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyber Sunday Thread! (may contain **Spoilers**)

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

You must have stopped watching the PPV after that then yeah?

Yeah I did and then I read a load of Comics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Yeah I did and then I read a load of Comics

nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

JR reports Austin is now around 248 pounds and had to fly back for filming in vancouver at 5am this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'd say Coles ears are stilling ringing from the obvious bollocking he took for his bad call during the main event. King tried to cover, but it was half heated at best.

Only watched the last two matches. Enjoyed both, but can't help but feel Jeff was not put over even slightly. Can anyone say he still looks like a threat to Tripper, after two clean PPV losses inside a month?

And for the RAW main event, enjoyable, but I ask, what was the point of Jerichos title run? I cannot see anything was achieved. No one new put over, didn't establish himself as a main vent heel. Booking by numbers? I don't know, or care actually. Bedtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

gimmick wrote: »
    I'd say Coles ears are stilling ringing from the obvious bollocking he took for his bad call during the main event. King tried to cover, but it was half heated at best.

Did he say somethin stupid or just overall crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Jeff Hardy ever going to win the title?????????? Come on HHH let someone else have the title

I was surprised Jericho dropped the belt to Batista

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JP Liz wrote: »
    I was surprised Jericho dropped the belt to Batista

In the late Summer Batista threaten to retire/take an extended break from WWE unless WWE started pushing him as a featured player on Raw hence the the pinfall win over Cena at Summerslam, his recent push and title win. WWE wants to do a series of Cena & Batista matches and push it as a big thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »
    In the late Summer Batista threaten to retire/take an extended break from WWE unless WWE started pushing him as a featured player on Raw hence the the pinfall win over Cena at Summerslam, his recent push and title win. WWE wants to do a series of Cena & Batista matches and push it as a big thing.

I didn't know that. I've heard people saying something along the lines of Batista complaining but I thought it was just speculation. I hope they don't continue to appease Batista by letting him come out on top in a potential feud with Cena.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I didn't know that. I've heard people saying something along the lines of Batista complaining but I thought it was just speculation. I hope they don't continue to appease Batista by letting him come out on top in a potential feud with Cena.

There was a time when Batista was pretty much the babyface JBL in terms of how he was used.

krudler wrote: »
    I did, but since dave meltzer said it it must be true then, less of the condescending as well you only make yourself look like a bigger prat when you try to talk down to people

I think I been proved right here after HHH expression after Jeff Hardy (his too actually) was chosen and with the match being a big step down from No Mercy in ring wise. As DAVE MELTZER says:
    What we do know for sure is the wrestlers involved did not know anything until Todd Grisham announced it.

This led to a unique reaction when Grisham announced Jeff Hardy as HHH’s opponent in the WWE title match. You could see immediately on both men’s face, that they were not happy with doing another match. For one, it would have been next to impossible to do a match the caliber of the one they did at No Mercy. Second, the television was all geared toward HHH vs. Vladimir Kozlov, with Jeff Hardy has the high-priced enhancement guy whose role has only been to get the other two over and ready for their program.

HHH vs. Kozlov getting so few votes it shows the WWE’s power over its audience through television has never been less. Plus, from a booking standpoint, with HHH winning three weeks ago clean in a program blow-off, another match was anti-climactic from a storyline standpoint. Plus, the finish being another HHH win in this one because the direction is to HHH vs. Vladimir Kozlov, and Hardy already used as the stepping stone, the match served no positive booking purpose. Yet, it’s the company’s fault in the sense they put the match on the ballot, and no matter what they did on television, there was a real good chance this would be the match voted in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lets face it...The people (children) who vote would hardly vote Kozlov..I cant remember in any Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday a heel being voted, while other faces were another choice.

Advertisement