Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halloween ball

Options
  • 07-10-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

hey
    anyone going?whats it like in other years im so exctied i love dressing up!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

hey
    anyone going?whats it like in other years im so exctied i love dressing up!!
    Ennis 3 years ago was the best!!! So much fun....people falling all over the place and it was right dingy...bring back the West County!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

its on in ennis??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fresh Breeze

Please do not go as The Joker. Something tells me there will be A LOT of them.

its on in ennis??

No most likely the South Court:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

nope... dominatrix or something kinky fetish/goth vibe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hitler or Horatio from CSI: Miami....

I'm undecided as to who is more evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm thinking a guantamano bay inmate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The only bad thing about the halloween ball, well last year anyway. The hotel is waaaaaayyyyy too far out!!

Patricide wrote: »
    The only bad thing about the halloween ball, well last year anyway. The hotel is waaaaaayyyyy too far out!!

Try getting back from Ennis when u miss the last bus:pac:, then the South Court won't seem so far

hahaha, jesus i can only imagine...good thing i got cousins in ennis then :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I thought someone said to me it was on in the castletroy park hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Are tickets on sale now? How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

If its on in Ennis youll have a great time, really well organised and decorated. Best ball Ive ever been to.

The southcourt is a bit of a kip tho and its really not as well put together for a halloween ball. That said its halloween so no matter where you go itll be grat fun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Tickets €15 on sale from Students' Union, includes bus to South Court Hotel and home again afterwards.

I'd advise you get your ticket fairly sharply as this event sells out every year; it's one of the most popular gigs after RAG week. Fancy dress essential!!! :D

I second the get your tickets now part, They sold out on me last year luckily i had a freind in the su to sort me out but if it wasnt for that i woulda been screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jjjkkk333

Where abouts is the south court hotel?

About 40 mins out, as far as i know(and i might be 100% wrong here) its technically in clare i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

The South Court is in Raheen out past the Crescent shopping centre and Limerick Hospital. Its at the roundabout which is the last stop for the Raheen bus.

Link.

About 40 mins out, as far as i know(and i might be 100% wrong here) its technically in clare i think.
    Ha!

On a good night with light traffic, it's about 25 minutes journey... No where NEAR Clare though!

Well then i stand corrected, like i said i might have been 100% wrong and i was!!

Seems longer when your inebreated i guess!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Excellent - its out my way so! Finally an event i can walk home from. Decentralisation has finally reaped benefits. When is it on though - i know the time, the place, the price, the buses are free but i cant see what day, is it halloween night? Someone told me it was the Thursday before?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

its next wednesday i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

its nxt thur-the 30th october

fancy dress theme is pirates

tickets cost 15 euro from the SU

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

mr.lightweight are playing i think,should be awesome.....

Serious, i was talking to spud there and bastard never told me!! I think there guitarist des is in MMPT up here though so maybe he scored em the gig, Def gotta head now though!

Excellent - its out my way so! Finally an event i can walk home from. Decentralisation has finally reaped benefits. When is it on though - i know the time, the place, the price, the buses are free but i cant see what day, is it halloween night? Someone told me it was the Thursday before?!?!?

Thursday, 30th.
    PeakOutput wrote: »
    its next wednesday i think
    See above.
    its nxt thur-the 30th october

fancy dress theme is pirates

tickets cost 15 euro from the SU
    Our survey says....ding! :D
    kopykat wrote: »
    mr.lightweight are playing i think,should be awesome.....
    Yep, Mr Lightweight are the support. They were supposed to play Freshers' Ball main stage but there was huuuuuuuuge delays and sound problems so they got rescheduled to Hallowe'en Ball. Should be good; they've good sound.
    Serious, i was talking to spud there and bastard never told me!! I think there guitarist des is in MMPT up here though so maybe he scored em the gig, Def gotta head now though!
    Yep, Des is in UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Yes, Des is in 2nd Year MMPT alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Need suggestions fast, myself and another charming young gentleman are undecided what to go as. Bear in mind we ain't gonna be going to the ball but we are going into town.

So far;
    Pat Mustard & Dougal
    D'Unbelieveables
    Blackie Connors & Miley Byrne

We have to put the outfit together on the extreme cheap sometime between 4 and 6pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

yeah i was talkin to des and he said they scored the gig cause they didnt get to play for freshers ball,even though they were scheduled to play,which was a bummer but *snip* kinda made up for that......

• Advertisement

kopykat wrote: »
    yeah i was talkin to des and he said they scored the gig cause they didnt get to play for freshers ball,even though they were scheduled to play,which was a bummer but *snip* kinda made up for that......

They're on at 10.

Advertisement