Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Experience stores drop Apple product sales

• 07-10-2008 8:45pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to this:

ONE OF THE FEW High Street retailers in the Republic of Ireland to sell Apple computers and Ipods has decided to end its relationship with the Cupertino company.
    02 Ireland will now only sell phone-related products in its 02 Experience stores according to a report in the Irish Sunday Post.
    "O2 has decided just to go after customers that it can retain relationships with," said a source close to the company. "The problem with Ipods and computers is that there isn’t an ongoing revenue stream in the same way as there is with a mobile phone customer."
    But the move could be good news for Irish Macolytes as the lack of a viable retail outlet in the Republic makes it all the more likely that Apple will be forced to open one of its own stores, almost certainly in Dublin.
    To date there is only one Apple Store in Northern Ireland, in Belfast.

Explains why Iphone are no longer available in O2 , Or does it ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

that was in the irish papers at the weekend also. don't think iphone has anything to do with it, they just weren't making any money on macbooks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

sharkman wrote: »

I wish it did but I doubt it, The Apple heads down in Cork are hardly clever enough to allow it to go on sale with all the 3G Irish Networks, or are they?

I know vodafone, metero and 3 don't want it because Apple take a slice of your phone bill every month and their not willing to run with it for that reason, and rightly so.......were being ripped off enough as it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

sharkman wrote: »

o2 will regret the day they took on the iphone, believe me.

o2 will regret the day they took on the iphone, believe me.

I'd say there already regretting mobile broadband..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Why would O2 regret taking on the iPhone?
    Why would O2 regret mobile broadband?

And the guy on the O2 forum says that O2s iPhone deal is not related to this.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    Why would O2 regret taking on the iPhone?
    Why would O2 regret mobile broadband?

And the guy on the O2 forum says that O2s iPhone deal is not related to this.

They both could be a loss maker on the balance sheet, I'm not sure what deal was brokered between apple and 02.ie but if it was anything like the american deal....
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/sep/17/mobilephones.apple

i'd guess mobile broadband is costing them a fortune to support while trying to still remain competitive, it would be very hard to match 3 and their 19.99pm vodafone haven't even tried but then again Vodafone haven't lost a nut on the iphone....

as for the 02 forum (it's a hell of a lot cheaper than manning the phones:D)

just my o2 cent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

just my o2 cent...

I see what you did there.

Advertisement