Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business??

Options
  • 07-10-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Im in 5th year and im starting to regret that I didnt choose business as i now think that ill need an extra subject. I liked business for the junior cert and I got an A but some people have said that the course is too long to do outside school. Do you think I would be able to do it? Or is there anyone who is doing it as an extra subject and if so how do you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

dmaccamd wrote: »
    Im in 5th year and im starting to regret that I didnt choose business as i now think that ill need an extra subject. I liked business for the junior cert and I got an A but some people have said that the course is too long to do outside school. Do you think I would be able to do it? Or is there anyone who is doing it as an extra subject and if so how do you find it?

I didn't do business as an extra subject but did do it for the leaving cert but ya it is a long course and there's a lot of learning in it to be fair but the paper is sectioned so you could nearly leave out a unit in the long run(but still need to know the terms for the SAQ's) but if you are to do it as an extra subject be sure to get the revise wise revision book because it cuts everything down and goes through the important points you need to cover.

Agricultural science is meant to be an easy one to take up as you can do the course in one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I'm repeating this year and I took it up as an extra subject.
    I have to say that it's a grand subject. A lot of common sense and I'd say I'll have everything covered by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

hey there ya would say you could definatly do the course in a year. if you did business for j.c you have a good foundation. there is a good bit in the coure but its not tasking mostly common sense and there is nothing in it you cant come to understand.(unlike science subjects etc which are very technical) If your willing to put in the work and keep at it ide say it would definatly be worth it. be sur to get the revision book, if you could get teh notes from the people doing business i would go with that to help you get an understanding. do lots of questions for practice and one tip set out answers with headings and points it aparantly bodes very well. :) good luck!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you can learn off content and master the specific exam technique business should be no bother to you. There isn't a huge amount of understanding, just lots of learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What is conflicting with it? Why not drop it, and pick up an even easier extra subject, like RE*

*RE is not easy, but id say itd be easier than Business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dmaccamd

Fad wrote: »
    What is conflicting with it? Why not drop it, and pick up an even easier extra subject, like RE*

*RE is not easy, but id say itd be easier than Business.

There are two classes of business in my year and they are on at the same time as either biology or economics which are my two favorite subjects so Im not going to switch from them!
    The reason why I am considering business as my extra subject is because i liked it for J.C and it is not ment to be that hard. Btw religion is definately not easy and looks a lot harder than business my sister did it and hated it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

There are two classes of business in my year and they are on at the same time as either biology or economics which are my two favorite subjects so Im not going to switch from them!
    The reason why I am considering business as my extra subject is because i liked it for J.C and it is not ment to be that hard. Btw religion is definately not easy and looks a lot harder than business my sister did it and hated it!!

Fair enoungh, dont knock it till you've tried it :)

Do you absolutely NEED an extra subject?

Advertisement