Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saintsrow 2

• 07-10-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

So who has played it and what do they think of it

Ive being playing it and think it is great very easy to get in to and i love haveing my face in the game

What do you lot think of it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Havent played it but the 1st one really dident do much for me, seemed like a poor mans GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Im only geting in to saintsrow and ive only got in to gta4 again in the last few days played gta4 when it came out for about 30 min find it very slow

Saintsrow 2 seem's to just jump in to the action :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

How did you get it (if by legal means)?
    I know the street date was broken all over the place. Anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I didn't like the first one that much. Thought it was pretty mundane, won't be picking up the sequel unless the reviews are exceptional. Too many other great games coming out, this can be easily missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

So who has played it and what do they think of it

Ive being playing it and think it is great very easy to get in to and i love haveing my face in the game

What do you lot think of it
    oops!! someone forgot to check the release date before posting. Saints row 2 was leaked onto torrents about a week ago. lol
    Not out till the 14th Oct.

• Advertisement

I moded my xbox to work as a time machine thats how i have it if only i was able to mod it to play copy games lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Ya i've the same time machine too. Was going to post the same about fracture last week. Until I realised its not out till next week! lol

Its great with the time machine xbox's dont have to pay rip of price's for games and you can get as many as you like if the game sucks who cares "as games are so cheap in the future " lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'm looking forward to playing (and buying) this. The last one was loads of fun, kind of like what GTA used to be before it went all super serious and way too realistic. Graphics don't look amazing but that doesn't matter too much to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I only picked up the original Saints Row when it was going cheap, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. I think I'll wait for it to come down in price, and see how the reviews are, before I get the sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The first was really good I thought, I'm interested to see what the next one is like but the graphics look worse than the first game for some reason wtf??

The first was really good I thought, I'm interested to see what the next one is like but the graphics look worse than the first game for some reason wtf??

I dont relly care about the graphics its the game play but it is allways nice to have good graphics in a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I think its a great game im 30% in lots of stuff to do 8/10 from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

How would you rate it against GTA4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Its great with the time machine xbox's dont have to pay rip of price's for games and you can get as many as you like if the game sucks who cares "as games are so cheap in the future " lol ;)

pity the developers in the present dont feel that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Imo its better then san andreas but not as good as GTAIV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Great game.

Anybody who thought that GTA 4 was a bit too much will love this.
    It's funny, action packed and enough different from GTA while being like it to make it worth it.

I think IGN said it best.
    IGN wrote:
    October 9, 2008 - When people see Saints Row 2 they'll instantly think of Grand Theft Auto IV. It's inevitable. It moves similarly, the scenes have the same saturated lighting and there are several parallels that can be drawn between the gameplay of the two. Heck, the text is even color coded in a similar way for mission objectives. But, be warned, Saints Row 2 is most certainly not GTA.

Thankfully this is one imitator that turns out to be much more than a straight carbon copy. In fact, Saints Row 2 takes GTA's gameplay, turns it on its side and sends it rolling down a mountain filled with land mines, roving monster trucks and ninjas. Lots and lots of ninjas.

Definately recommend.
    Way better than the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is this out??? Been looking forward to it since the first one...

This day next week if you don't have a time machine;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This day next week if you don't have a time machine;).

Stop calling it a time machine. It's a hacked 360 that plays downloaded games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Eurogamer gave it a great review too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=259566

Still gonna get Dead Space before this though.

xbox360achievements.com didn't give it that good of a review though, they said it was better than the first alright but that the city was exactly the same only a little bigger.

They also complained about glitches with collisions and that the draw distance and pop up was very bad considering the graphics have not improved much since the first.

I have since cancelled my pre order of this, I'll probably pick it up in a few weeks when the price drops unless they come out with a dem like the first game and convince me.

I can't believe the lack of demos with all the game releases coming up over the next 2 weeks.

I think Dead Space is still a must buy for me and Far Cry 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's a bit like Christmas at Long John Silver's house in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

xbox360achievements.com didn't give it that good of a review though, they said it was better than the first alright but that the city was exactly the same only a little bigger.

Gta3, liberty city stories, gta4. All in the same city. First game was very good and graphics where excellent at the time, im fact i didnt think gta4 is that far ahead of saints row which is why i was dissapointed when i got it.

Advertisement