Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiwi's in Galway? Any?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SMCG

There is already a meet up for all the Galway female boardies planned for the 12th of September at the Salthouse near Dominick St, on a different thread. I've never been to one before but we could always go to that and meet there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 olivianz

Yeah that sounds good. What time are they meeting? Looking forward to meeting you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

How are ye finding life in Ireland? I was back there for a week two weeks ago and couldnt WAIT to get back down to Wellington the way things are with jobs and weather etc and the scenery around Laois where i'm from drove me mad with its flatness. I know Galways one of the nicer parts of Ireland to live in but do ye miss NZ much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

pclancy wrote: »
    How are ye finding life in Ireland? I was back there for a week two weeks ago and couldnt WAIT to get back down to Wellington the way things are with jobs and weather etc and the scenery around Laois where i'm from drove me mad with its flatness. I know Galways one of the nicer parts of Ireland to live in but do ye miss NZ much?

im not a kiwi but new zealand is my favourite country bar home of course , i sympathise with you having to live in laois , i really do , when you say its flat , your not just talking about geography

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sometimes: mainly the fact that things are soo much better organised back home, and friends.

But Galway is just such an easy city to live in that it kind of makes up for it.

Say, these drinks next Sat could be interesting. By my count, we have 4 kiwis (who knows ... maybe more who haven't found this forum!), and a Canadian (Xiney). The Irish are gonna think we're outnumbering 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Suza

I have to say it is taking me a long time to settle in...been here for just over 5 months. If we could just hook a few ropes onto Ireland and drag it a bit closer to NZ I think I would be much happier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Suza

SMCG wrote: »
    There is already a meet up for all the Galway female boardies planned for the 12th of September at the Salthouse near Dominick St, on a different thread. I've never been to one before but we could always go to that and meet there?

Yep I was thinking the same thing. I will see you there.

Advertisement