Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience with Colourworks?

Options
  • 07-10-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have any positive or negative experience with Colourworks tattoo? I've been having a look at the portfolio on their site and have to say I'm quite impressed, so before I go in and start nosing around I thought I'd get the lowdown from here. So whats the story with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Haven't had any work done by them but I can vouch for their customer service :D

I went in last month in book my birthday tattoo with Darren as my regular artist was away. Was greeted by Thomas, he was really friendly and we had a nice chat about tattoos (some general nerding out:D ) before he explained that Darren was away but they had a really good guest for the week and I should try book in.

I was happy out, but in the end but unfortunately the times didn't work for me (I get very little time off) so I ended up not booking. Would go back when I have a bit more free time though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

The new school style stuff on the site is pretty sick so I'm wondering is it the same batch of artists in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Drop in and say hi, only way to find out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

My friend gets all his work there. Everything so far has been top-notch, Rob and Darren are both excellent at nu skool stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

got my favourite tattoo done there by darren. went in with a crappy picture, and he drew it up and added to it (listening very well to how I wanted it done), added some gorgeous colour, and was just a genuinely lovely guy to have doing my tattoo. walked past him in the street a good while later, and he stopped me to see how it'd healed up, and chatted for a little bit. lovely guy.

definitely, if you're looking for something colourful/nuskool, he's your man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

All reports sounding positive so far which is good. I like new school style tattoos and have a couple already, not looking for a new school studio in particular, I'm just looking for the best tattoo parlour in Dublin. :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Darren & Rob are brilliant! I've had 2 of my tattoos there and I wouldn't consider anywhere else for any future work. They're brilliant! Check out their website!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Think i might be booking in there in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Where abouts are they. Some of their work seems really good. I don't say all just coz personally I never like the way New skool looks.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

They're above Flip in Temple Bar. It's just down from the Foggy Dew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Toots85 wrote: »
    They're above Flip in Temple Bar. It's just down from the Foggy Dew.

I love when people use pubs as landmarks, only ever seen it happen in Ireland though; proud much? :p

My name is Catherine........and I am an alcoholic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 byrne5012

I get all my work done in Colourworks and so far all work done by Rob. He is working brilliant leg piece for me. I went in and said traditional koi leg piece and he ran with it, with water, wind, koi flowers the works. very traditional. I have never been disappointed by his work. Rob is going to finish both my legs and then I'll be getting him to design an old school full sleeve.

Couldn't ask for more really

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wow, took some digging to get to that 9 month old topic... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Sorry to hijack but anyone had any experience of getting script done by them?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

+1

I'm wondering the same thing as above. Very little script work in their portfolio in any language. Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 delltron

hi i want to get a pin up tattoo and have heard good things about colour works but cant see ant pin up pics on the portfolio has any one gotten a pin up done here before.if so how did it turn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kris160

Colour Works is fantastic. I'm looking for Tara's email to send pics of my husbands tattoo that she did in March....does anyone have it? Need to know if she is still there.

What she look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ring em up and ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I've nothing but good things to say about this place. Just got one piece done by Rob and a piece by Darren done yesterday. They're all a sound bunch of lads in the shop, had great craic for the 5 or 6 hours i was in there. The results far exceeded my expectations.

I also saw Darren finish a Japanese sleeve he was doing on a lad that won him two awards at a convention down in Cork the day before. Absolutely stunning piece, i think ill get me sleeve done by him. In any case, ill be going back to them for more work and i would highly recommend Darren and Rob to anyone looking for stuff out there. Dublin is full of **** artists and this shop is thankfully doesn't house any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

hunter164 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but anyone had any experience of getting script done by them?

Rob did script on my back, pm if ya want pics:)
    kris160 wrote: »
    Colour Works is fantastic. I'm looking for Tara's email to send pics of my husbands tattoo that she did in March....does anyone have it? Need to know if she is still there.

I was there bout 3 weeks ago and she was still there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

in there tomorrow for a few hours while a friend gets a tattoo finished by rob
    Its feckin amazing..
    feeling withdrawls i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

3 of my friends got tattoos done there and they turned out great. I called in over the weekend to enquire about getting a cover up, Rob pointed me in the direction of some laser removal of the old tattoo first, 2 sessions and the then the cover up will work better. Got the laser for €50 a session. Looking forward to getting my new piece done by the lads.

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Rob did script on my back, pm if ya want pics:)

Thanks for the offer but I've already gone and let him write on me :p

Couldn't recommend him highly enough and am going back soon enough to get me third tattoo off Rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

hunter164 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer but I've already gone and let him write on me :p

Bahahaha would of helped it I looked at the date of your post:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got my first there and was really impressed overall. Got it done by Tara and she was very nice. Put me at ease :) Couldn't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

I've been looking for ages for a piece for my arm and I've seen something on their site that Darren did which is exactly what I'm looking for....

I've never gone in and talked to an artist about getting a piece done so was just wondering about the etiquette....should I just go in and ask for Darren and ask if he'd do something in a similar style for me?

Sorry for the noob question, just a bit blind to all this....

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

I've been looking for ages for a piece for my arm and I've seen something on their site that Darren did which is exactly what I'm looking for....

I've never gone in and talked to an artist about getting a piece done so was just wondering about the etiquette....should I just go in and ask for Darren and ask if he'd do something in a similar style for me?

Sorry for the noob question, just a bit blind to all this....

Cheers!

Chazz, just walk in and say hello, they are all really really friendly in there
    darren looks a bit like a psycho but his bark is worse than his bite ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I sent in all my ideas by email and then chatted to Darren about it the next day in the shop just before my appointment. He had it all drawn up and ready to go when i went in. I'm sure it would be no bother to walk in and talk through ideas with him but it might be best to call ahead before hand and ask for a time between his appointments as it is likely he's going to bE in the middle of a piece when you call 'round.

Advertisement