Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PrtScn but just one monitor?

• 07-10-2008 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 monitors. I find it dead handy to hit print screen and then just Ctrl+V into Thunderbird when sending emails.

My problem? I have 2 monitors - so it takes an image of the second one as well and attaches that. Is there a way to configure this button (or something??) to make it only take the main monitor with the PrtScn?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If you use alt+prtsc, you can take a screenshot of just the active window. Don't know if that's useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

feylya wrote: »
    If you use alt+prtsc, you can take a screenshot of just the active window. Don't know if that's useful.
    That will do the job perfect. Danke !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Or download PrtScr, fantastic little utility

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Or download PrtScr, fantastic little utility
    Will take a look too but I think I have what I need for now. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

or if you have windows vista use its built in snipping tool, start and type snip in the box

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

I think this is a great tool....

http://greenshot.sourceforge.net/

Once you have installed (set to run on start up) you hit the prtscrn button to activate it. Dead handy!

Will check out the programs suggested too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Great tip Calex71, I've been using Vista for a year and a half and I never knew about that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

news to me about the Alt+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Overheal wrote: »
    news to me about the Alt+

I have read in several places that alt printscreen takes a screen print and I used to wonder why they said to use alt when the print screen does what you need.

Question answered so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement