Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new baby present?

Options
  • 07-10-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

lookin for an unusual baby present!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Parenting - apologies to Mods if wrong forum.

OP, it might help if we knew the present was for a boy or a girl.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i got the coin baby set for my first nephew almost 2 years ago. i think its a nice and unusual gift

Low%20Res%20Image%201%20for%20web.jpg

from the central bank website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

A star,

Front page of birth date paper(irish times)

A book of baby sitting(you) tokens for the new parents:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

yes i like the coins..... just can't find them on th website!!!!! also the paper!!!! not so keen on the babysitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's beautiful wee boy!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

A baby imprint set? To make an impression of their tiny hands/feet, a photo album, clothes, some little simple rattle toys etc, avoca do some gorgeous ones. A baby blanket with their name and date of birth embroidered on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Meathgirl wrote: »
    yes i like the coins..... just can't find them on th website!!!!! also the paper!!!! not so keen on the babysitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's beautiful wee boy!!!!!!!!!!

here, scroll down

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

Are you the same MeathGirl from RC and SC? If not, I'm sorry, if so get your ass back to there woman!!!!!

Sorry to the mods if this appropriate reply shes been awol for a while know though!

thought of avoca..... looked their website.... its useless!!!!! will have to trek into town tomorrow

Dee5 wrote: »
    Are you the same MeathGirl from RC and SC? If not, I'm sorry, if so get your ass back to there woman!!!!!

Sorry to the mods if this appropriate reply shes been awol for a while know though!

I have NO idea what any of that means.... Whats RC or SC???

No only new here.....

BUt now i am curious....

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Yeah avocas website is brutal but the store is lovely, if a little pricey. You could always gently enquire if they need anything?

• Advertisement

Ah RC is Rollercoaster.ie and SC is Sharpchat.com. Not avertising them but your more than welcome to join us if you wish.
    Meathgirl used to float around RC and SC but haven seen her in ages thought it was you lol.

You can get nice blankets in Tony Kealy's they have baby's name and DOB embroidered on and are a really nice keep sake..
    Or whqt about a time capsule and put in the Herald of the day the baby was born and the single that is number one at the moment. Mammy and Daddy can add to it then
    I know someone who had a boy today too!

thats ok.....
    No not interested in chat!
    Whats your baby called???? Did he get a name yet???

Nope no name yet I work with the girls mam so we all heard her getting the phone call lol.
    I'll prob know the name tomorrow only 8 weeks before my little one is here please god lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

G&T wrote: »
    A star,
    Front page of birth date paper(irish times)

This is a nice one.

Speaking as a recent parent: get anything except clothes, OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

If you are close to baby, I heard of someone who bought his daughter (or god-daughter, can't remember) a pearl on every birthday. On her 18th, he had it made into a necklace. Is that not the most thoughtful thing in the world?

If that's not appropriate or your budget doesn't stretch that far, we recently got a range of adorable Haba toys that might be of some interest. These are my favourites :-)

prod_1047_big_01.jpg prod_1037_big_03.jpg

You could also get a personalised gift like a name train:

rail_name_tom_p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

How about a tree!

Alternatively, I know there is a woman in Ennis who offers baby massage classes for mums and babies that are supposed to be brilliant. Maybe there's someone near you who does similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭summerdreamn

a photography voucher for a newborn/family portrait. i'm not being too self serving, i am a photographer and i get a lot of requests for these but they are so special because it's something the family will cherish forever. as you know, baby's are only tiny for such a short time. most of my sessions are done at their home (one in the hospital!) and i know most photographers will do these on location or at their studio. check out some of your local photographers.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I have both given and received gifts of personalised sets of bibs/bath snuggles/bath robes/blankies etc. A friend of mine near where I live does it for a living and you can customise the set to your budget requirements. The towels are lovely and soft and dont fluff away which alot do. The bibs are really coming in handy now that DD is at creche because she has her name on them so she doesnt end up with someone else getting hers! She presents them really nicely in a gift basket and I got a rattle in one we got as a gift which DD adores and will not be without! PM me and I'll dig her number out if you are interested.

Advertisement