Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outboard Engine

• 07-10-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi everybody, i just bought Outboard motor from UK and just wondering to know what next step i should do to use it, i'm talking about registration, should i do it ? If yes what documents are necessary for process where i must to go ?

Thank for you help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Registering an outboard? First I heard of it. (That's not to say it isn't done).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

I'd agree with noby - not aware of any registraiton process. Unless you mean registering a new engine for warranty with the manufacturer?

Only think I'd be doing is securing it with a good lock to the boat, filling her up with 'gasoline' - and registering loads of interest in boating!
    ....and pat yourself on the back for hopefully picking up a bargain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Western Cruiser

The only mandatory registration for leisure boating in Ireland is on the Shannon where every boat powered by an engine of 15 HP or over must be registered with Waterways Ireland.

Registration is free and lasts fo the life of the boat. You just fill out a simple form and they send you a little yellow sticker with a 4 digit reg no. for the windshield.

As the others said .. Enjoy:)

WC

Advertisement