Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cut off One Parent Payment??? UNFAIR

• 08-10-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

I have been receiving one parent allowance for over 2 years. I have 2 children, both with the same father. We broke up a few months after having our first child and have not lived together since. He lives close by with his mother and he sees his children a lot. I live in one of his mothers house with my 2 children. He pays 70 a week maintenance and half the utility bills. I have the use of his car for the school runs etc and i do not pay rent. My payment was means tested due to the support i was receiving from him. I was receiving 191 per week.

I now want to start working and have secured a job under the CE scheme and have enrolled for a course due to start in May.

So in order to start the job, my payment had to be increased for the second child. ( i did not realise I had to apply for second child) so a back payment for a year is due. I had been in contact with the inspector and explained the situation of starting work etc and the next thing I get a letter cutting me off my payment. Reason...Co-habiting! This is so wrong. Because I am getting support from my ex they think there is more going on. If thats not bad enough, I cant start the job either cos I need to be in receipt of a payment. I have appealed but im getting no where.

The job is due to start monday and I still don't know if I can do it. Not alone, what am I going to live on if they cut it off for good?

Can they do this? I am not co-habiting. I am considering the solicitor route or TD route??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I can see why they cut you off. You never claimed for your 2nd child! You live in one of his mom house's rent free! You drive his car! They had no other choice but to cut you off, they have so much eveidence to confirm you are co-habiting.
    Have you had a appeal hearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tinker-bell

tomred1 wrote: »
    I can see why they cut you off. You never claimed for your 2nd child! You live in one of his mom house's rent free! You drive his car! They had no other choice but to cut you off, they have so much eveidence to confirm you are co-habiting.
    Have you had a appeal hearing?

How is that evidence? We are not living together. 70 a week for 2 children does not go far. I have read that people are getting 1500 a month for 2 children, which imo is a bit steep to expect someone to pay. It does not cost him anything to allow me to use his car, and its his mother that is letting me live in the house....not him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

How is that evidence? We are not living together. 70 a week for 2 children does not go far. I have read that people are getting 1500 a month for 2 children, which imo is a bit steep to expect someone to pay. It does not cost him anything to allow me to use his car, and its his mother that is letting me live in the house....not him.

It is evidence because you are still sharing a car with him. You shared a bed with him after your first child together,you never claimed for the 2nd child. The OFP weekly rate is meant only to support you for that week but you manged to live on pay for 1 child since your 2nd child. You are living in a house belonging to his mother, he is also paying bills for the house you live in.

Advertisement