Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General beers thread & discussion Next: Iron Man 2- the Woolshed, 7pm, 30th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    The third you say? I'll jot it down in me calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

3rd
    so the majority of people are sayin the 3rd, like i said thats dooms only weekend so he'll need a proper rescue day which is why i think 3rd is best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    Damn, I just realised I've gotta go to a gig that night. But I'll pop down afterwards. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Sounds good but I won't know if I'll be able to make it until mid next week. But put me down as a 'Yes for now'

This time I'll make sure to get enough sleep the night before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I won't know til closer to the time if I can make it, but i will try my best :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

right it seems everyone wants Friday more or less (sorry Denman!). Friday it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

3rd
    I'll be there as well! Hurrah :D

Where are we going anyway?

3rd
    shellyboo wrote: »
    I'll be there as well! Hurrah :D

Where are we going anyway?

our usual haunt of dorans i think is appropriate! (and its the thread title :p)

3rd
    our usual haunt of dorans i think is appropriate! (and its the thread title :p)

Aww, boo. Thought it hadn't been decided. Right so!

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

9th
    Will have to give this one a miss, money printing machine is in for repairs:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

3rd
    koth wrote: »
    Will have to give this one a miss, money printing machine is in for repairs:pac:

damn thing keeps breakin down....and ironically it costs money to fix!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You can count on me being there anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im not totally locked into Dorans but if anyone has better ideas we need them nowish, changing too close to the day is never good.

3rd
    You can count on me being there anyway.

....whcih also means we can count on some toto and rick astley on the jukebox! :pac:
    SDooM wrote: »
    Im not totally locked into Dorans but if anyone has better ideas we need them nowish, changing too close to the day is never good.

well i said dorans coz we're used to it and its great....if people want other options ill throw out the woolshed, messrs or TP smiths (i like all 4)

Gotta find the next big thing though...

I wonder if they have David Bowie's Dance Magic from the movie Labyrinth...

EDIT: Smiths is better for chatting and juke boxing actually.

3rd
    EDIT: Smiths is better for chatting and juke boxing actually.

i think so too! smiths let you choose what song you want on the ukebox....and doesnt fcukin turn it off!

3rd
    well i said dorans coz we're used to it and its great....if people want other options ill throw out the woolshed, messrs or TP smiths (i like all 4)

I just remember lots of people complaining about the music/price of drink/skanky toilets last time.

However, I do like the dancing! So I don't really mind. Sorry for throwing a spanner in the works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    Actually yeah dorans was a bit skanky last time.... What about TP Smyths?
    It's in an easy to find location, it's a nice clean pub with good music (that we can pick ourselves!) and they like boardsies there.

They don't have toilet guys in Smiths either.

Oh... has anyone tried the jukebox in Whelans? It's a monster... tears of frustration were rolling down my face on Tuesday night as I tried to select Toto.

3rd
    Dord wrote: »
    Actually yeah dorans was a bit skanky last time.... What about TP Smyths?
    It's in an easy to find location, it's a nice clean pub with good music (that we can pick ourselves!) and they like boardsies there.

Yep, sounds good to me... but y'know, whatever suits everyone else! I'm easy really.

• Advertisement

3rd
    looks like the consensus is TP smiths now, do you have to book the place in tp smiths (like the xmas beers) or can we just go up upstairs!

looks like the consensus is TP smiths now, do you have to book the place in tp smiths (like the xmas beers) or can we just go up upstairs!

Last time I was there on a Friday it wasn't too busy.

I do think they close at about 12.30 though... so we can always head to Dorans afterward.

3rd
    Last time I was there on a Friday it wasn't too busy.

I do think they close at about 12.30 though... so we can always head to Dorans afterward.

half 12?! daaargh stupid.....stupidness!

we could head to pravda or the lotts or the church after, they're closer! :p

Haven't been to Pravda in years... Does Lotts open late?

I'm not a fan of the Church.. that place is seriously pricey and the staff are rude... also... Worst toilet guy EVER!

3rd
    Haven't been to Pravda in years... Does Lotts open late?

I'm not a fan of the Church.. that place is seriously pricey and the staff are rude... also... Worst toilet guy EVER!

really? i was only on the place once....guys in axa told the manager the day before that there was a "staff do" with about 25 people and asked them if they would secure an area for us.....and give us some drink tokens (they gave us 25)....there was only 5 of us there tho.....good times!! :D

3rd
    Oh, oh, Pravda!! I like Pravda. Like the Church too, but it gets a bit busy of a weekend and all cramped and stuff.

Wouldn't say we'd have to book Grames, there won't be a huge crowd of us.

3rd
    Oh, oh, Pravda!! I like Pravda. Like the Church too, but it gets a bit busy of a weekend and all cramped and stuff.

Wouldn't say we'd have to book Grames, there won't be a huge crowd of us.

oh i know but there wasnt a big group of wrk people...he just asked to cordon off an area to get us some drink vouchers....free drink is good! :D

3rd
    oh i know but there wasnt a big group of wrk people...he just asked to cordon off an area to get us some drink vouchers....free drink is good! :D

True, true. I do like the Church too - BUT! There is no jukebox.

3rd
    True, true. I do like the Church too - BUT! There is no jukebox.

aaaaaaaaaand we are back to tp smiths again! :pac:

we need to find a place that opens late, has a jukebox and an area for us to all sit.........dorans!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

No, the worst toilet guy I've ever had the misfortune of encountering was in Dakota. He handed me a paper towel and then pointed to his money plate. Cheeky f*cker.

Pravda sounds good to me for after. Always a laugh there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement