Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General beers thread & discussion Next: Iron Man 2- the Woolshed, 7pm, 30th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    heres a taught for something a bit different:

on Tuesday I am attending a film focus group in FilmBase and am being encouraged to bring people to give feedback on a brand new (short film).

Anyone wanna come along? Get to watch a free movie and there is a 99% chance of beer afterwards. Starts at 6:30

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh and Dord, that girl who thought I was scary turned out to be a big George A. Romero fan.
    Not just someone who heard about you dancing, then?! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Galvasean wrote: »

on Tuesday I am attending a film focus group in FilmBase and am being encouraged to bring people to give feedback on a brand new (short film).

Anyone wanna come along? Get to watch a free movie and there is a 99% chance of beer afterwards. Starts at 6:30

Is it free beer? I'm trying to survive all of next week on free meals.

3rd
    feylya wrote: »
    Is it free beer? I'm trying to survive all of next week on free meals.

Alas no, I just meant going out on the rip with a bunch of Galvaseans filmy people/actors once the film is over.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Boourns!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sounds good but not sure I can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Alas no, I just meant going out on the rip with a bunch of Galvaseans filmy people/actors once the film is over.

Sounds like fun, but im working tuesday night. Mind you if you were to drop into the little tapas/wine bar on eustace street just down from filmbase you might see me working. And there might be discount on wine for fellow noc boardsies:-) it's not beer but its booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Not just someone who heard about you dancing, then?! :pac:

She'd actually seen me walking out and about in Coolock and was scared of me.

Got up the courage to come and speak to me while we were all waiting for a nitelink.

Dord was there too.

Had to be careful not to dance while out tonight.... live bands in the town square here in Soller... don't want to use my usual dance moves on the stone ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    She'd actually seen me walking out and about in Coolock and was scared of me.

Got up the courage to come and speak to me while we were all waiting for a nitelink.

Dord was there too.

Had to be careful not to dance while out tonight.... live bands in the town square here in Soller... don't want to use my usual dance moves on the stone ground.

You should really get that cane! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Charley Horse

I second this decission of not dancing by MonkeyFudge, good call my friend, good call :D

• Advertisement

I second this decission of not dancing by MonkeyFudge, good call my friend, good call :D

Yep. Wouldn't want to do myself an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Charley Horse

Yep. Wouldn't want to do myself an injury.

Hmm, what, like this.....Ouch.....

picture.php?albumid=570&pictureid=2997

3rd

My mistake, it starts at 5:30

Anyone?

3rd
    Woo! Bruxelles, Eamon Dorans and Fibbers, the rock n' roll beer world tour! :D

You guys shudda come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

10th
    Woo! Bruxelles, Eamon Dorans and Fibbers, the rock n' roll beer world tour! :D

You guys shudda come.

Noice. What was the occasion?

3rd
    Noice. What was the occasion?

Screening of a friends' film (oh yes we fit that in there somewhere too)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

10th
    Screening of a friends' film (oh yes we fit that in there somewhere too)

Cool. Sounds like a good night.

3rd
    I see the BGRH are having a beers on Friday in Karma Bar. Anyone going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sure am. My first Beers. :)

You going Galv?

I see the BGRH are having a beers on Friday in Karma Bar. Anyone going?

Karma sounds like a place with Dancing?

• Advertisement

3rd
    DenMan wrote: »
    Sure am. My first Beers. :)

You going Galv?

Plan/hope to (since I have a day off teh following day). Just want to be sure there'll be a few people I know there.
    That said Ive been to a couple of BGRH beers before and they accepted me for who I am (the dinosaur man) :)
    I wont be in til about half ten on account of work though. here's hoping its a late bar (ah its BGRH, would it be anything else?)
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Karma sounds like a place with Dancing?

Never been. But I have walked by it and it looks pretty big/spacious so I'd imagine there would be room to danc for those who are so inclined.

I might be going to the play that night. But it's up on Thomas street, so Fishamble street is on the way. I may have time to pop in for a bit... all depends on how much of a sh*tstorm is waiting for me in work this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Well my fellow nocturnal freaks! ;) Anybody wanna stay up for ages?

Well my fellow nocturnal freaks! ;) Anybody wanna stay up for ages?

Probably, but this is the wrong thread for that. :)

3rd
    So looks like we've a few peope going to the BGRH thing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    Karma is ok earlier on, but turns into a carpfest later on when all the kids come in. I was there before for a work party, it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

3rd
    I may be out and about tomorrow evening...

Have fun guys. For obvious reasons I shall not be there.

However I will make sure to get drunk here in BGRH's honour. :)

I assume chatters will just head along to their beers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

9th
    Anyone up for Fibbers on the 11th of June? Gwan teh cheap booze and whatnot, I'll be home from London around 8 I think, get changed and go play!

• Advertisement

3rd
    Looking like I might not make it tonight. I was at a session last night and didn't get home til 07:30 (hows that for nocturnal?) and am off to work now in a minute. I have asneaking suspicion I'll endup in the local pub/club with the work mates.
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Anyone up for Fibbers on the 11th of June? Gwan teh cheap booze and whatnot, I'll be home from London around 8 I think, get changed and go play!

Sounds like a plan. Cheap booze + good music = win

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement