Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General beers thread & discussion Next: Iron Man 2- the Woolshed, 7pm, 30th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

3rd
    Plan B:

Get to ChristChurch, stand outside and scream:

"By the power of Grayskull...I need Fisto"

We should be able to hear you from the pub so somebody will come and rescue you....
    paperclip2 wrote: »
    Apropos of zilch but this article of stationery is planning to be there. :)...Providing the GPS is working and said pub is located.
    SDooM wrote: »
    PM me and arsk nicely and you can have me phone no to make sure you don't get lost!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Plan B:

Get to ChristChurch, stand outside and scream:

"By the power of Grayskull...I need Fisto"

We should be able to hear you from the pub so somebody will come and rescue you....

I may or may not buy a pint for someone I hear saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

3rd
    You should get them a He-Man Jelly cocktail.
    I may or may not buy a pint for someone I hear saying that.

Edit:

I did a google search to try and find a pic of a He-man Jelly drink and this the first item in the results :

Look like He-man maybe cheating on Fisto:

heman.jpg

There's actually not enough words for how wrong that picture is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

10th
    My childhood worship of He-Man has been destroyed in one devastating moment.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    My childhood worship of He-Man has been destroyed in one devastating moment.

It was destroyed with that fisto pic for me, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    It was destroyed with that fisto pic for me, tbh.

Allow me to re-instate your worship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I don't think I can make this.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

3rd
    Awwww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    Galvasean wrote: »

Simply epic. :eek: :cool:

• Advertisement

10th
    Aoibheann wrote: »

ah, that sucks! :(

Aw no :(

Also where you been?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

10th
    I might be free. Then again, I might not. We can but see. ^^

I might be free. Then again, I might not. We can but see. ^^

I demand nameless joesphs presence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'll try my best guys, I promise.. I just may not be able to get out of something else. :(

SDooM: I've been lurking, being very lazy and not posting. I blame work. :( Ruins my life, mutter mutter. I'll totally post more though! Starting.. tomorrow. Because now I need sleep.. :D

10th
    If any culchie people need food beforehand after their trip up from the bog the restaurant downstairs is pretty nice. I was in there on Saturday. :)

I'll try my best guys, I promise.. I just may not be able to get out of something else. :(

SDooM: I've been lurking, being very lazy and not posting. I blame work. :( Ruins my life, mutter mutter. I'll totally post more though! Starting.. tomorrow. Because now I need sleep.. :D

Ok, the DooM looks forward to it
    Dord wrote: »
    If any culchie people need food beforehand after their trip up from the bog the restaurant downstairs is pretty nice. I was in there on Saturday. :)

I may be in early and may be found consuming some goods there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Just watched the ultra special awesome video podcast... it's pretty damn awesome....

Will get it up for you all to see tomorrow....

Also make the video podcast available for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

What time is everyone ariving at on Friday?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

10th
    Kick-off for these things is usually between the 7 and 8pm mark.

I just wanted to make a note on safety and behaviour at these things as we no longer have site-wide Beers because of what I'm going to talk about...

In the past, several members (mostly ladies) have felt very uncomfortable with the attentions some people give them. This ranges from being stared at, conversation, actual physical contact, etc. This is grounds for assault in some cases and we simply will not have it. If you spot something like this happening or are being subjected to it, please let either myself or SDooM know and we will ask the offending person(s) to leave and not to come to future events. We will also do our best to make sure it's all confidential and that there'll be no need to get into it in public here on the forum or with the people present on the night.

We want everyone to have fun at these events and sadly the actions of a very small few have cost this site one of it's more enjoyable social outlets (I personally feel gutted about this as I was the organiser of the site-wide beers for the last couple of years and I feel like I've let everyone down by not keeping tabs on this).

The site encourages each community (like ours here in the Nocturnal Forum) to have it's own events and we certainly don't want to see them cancelled for the same reasons.

Sorry for making this all SERIOUS BUSINESS there, but it needed to be said.

I won't be getting to the venue till some time after 9 I'd say, so I'll see ye there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Just to add to what Kharn said. People have come to us before about stuff technically outside our remit as mods (irl drama, fights(of word variety) on nights out,creepy folk etc) both online and in the world outside.

Basically ye should know.but if ye dont, we (myself, Doom,Kharn,Dragan and Randy) are there for ye, if ye have problems on a night out, if things make ye uncomfortable etc dont feel you cant come to us because we dont mod real life. (we actually do, but keep it quiet :))

I more than likely wont be at this shindig, so Kharn and Doom are your go to guys, but when i am there, feel free to have a whisper in my ear.

Now go have fun you crazy kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

10th
    Nerin wrote: »
    Just to add to what Kharn said. People have come to us before about stuff technically outside our remit as mods (irl drama, fights(of word variety) on nights out,creepy folk etc) both online and in the world outside.

Basically ye should know.but if ye dont, we (myself, Doom,Kharn,Dragan and Randy) are there for ye, if ye have problems on a night out, if things make ye uncomfortable etc dont feel you cant come to us because we dont mod real life. (we actually do, but keep it quiet :))

I more than likely wont be at this shindig, so Kharn and Doom are your go to guys, but when i am there, feel free to have a whisper in my ear.

Now go have fun you crazy kids.

Boooooooooo.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

3rd
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Boooooooooo.:(

My thoughts exactly :(

i demand nerin.

I demand Fisto!

10th
    I demand cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

3rd
    Dord wrote: »
    I demand cake!

So, cake for some; nerin for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

10th
    Can I have nerin AND cake?

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    Can I have nerin AND cake?

You'll get Fisto and like it, young lady!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement