Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General beers thread & discussion Next: Iron Man 2- the Woolshed, 7pm, 30th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

3rd
    yeah the last page or 2 we were discussing that, theres no point in organising it for the midnight showing as itll be thursday/friday and thats not fair on people who are working/relying on the nitelink, so friday early enough showing (say like 4/5) then out for some beers......

Um, if you're trying to be fair to work people then a 4/5pm showing on a Friday isn't really suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

A screening closer to eight o'clock might work out, film is two hours long (approx I suppose, open to correction) relocate for drinks just after 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

3rd
    shellyboo wrote: »
    Um, if you're trying to be fair to work people then a 4/5pm showing on a Friday isn't really suitable!

haha d'oh sometimes i'm as slow as the day is long! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

3rd
    Once it's in the largest screen.
    Rhyme wrote: »
    A screening closer to eight o'clock might work out, film is two hours long (approx I suppose, open to correction) relocate for drinks just after 10pm.

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Once it's in the largest screen.

Neither the Savoy nor Cineworld have the film scheduled in yet.

Cineworlds 'big one' is screen 17, if they think the film is big enough they usually stick every second screening in 17.

Went to see Terminator there a few days back and missed an earlier screening, lucky the screening after it was in the big un' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

10th
    Cineworld say it's out the 19th but no other info otherwise. I'd say it'll be put in screen 17 alright

3rd
    star-pants wrote: »
    Cineworld say it's out the 19th but no other info otherwise. I'd say it'll be put in screen 17 alright

id say ill depend on the times too, the demand for this movie may call for more than one screen! id opt for 17 every time!

3rd
    Say Terminator on openning night in Screen 17.

It a must for action films, also if I'm paying 10e them I want the largest screen and best sound.
    Rhyme wrote: »
    Neither the Savoy nor Cineworld have the film scheduled in yet.

Cineworlds 'big one' is screen 17, if they think the film is big enough they usually stick every second screening in 17.

Went to see Terminator there a few days back and missed an earlier screening, lucky the screening after it was in the big un' :)

3rd
    Say Terminator on openning night in Screen 17.

It a must for action films, also if I'm paying 10e them I want the largest screen and best sound.

yeah i completely agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    Would a 7 o'clock(ish) screening suit people? Means we can get to beers for about 9 (10 might be a bit late as far as securing seating is concerned).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

3rd
    Can we not get beers in Cineworld iirc

3rd
    Pter wrote: »
    Can we not get beers in Cineworld iirc

It all depends, do you like service?
    Ah, I am too harsh.

Well, that bar generally closes before the cinema does, so I'd say we'd be chucked out well before 12.

3rd
    No no i mean before. And then more beers after. I agree however, 7 is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

10th
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Would a 7 o'clock(ish) screening suit people? Means we can get to beers for about 9 (10 might be a bit late as far as securing seating is concerned).

Sounds good to me man.

3rd

well i MAY have a gig that night if i do, 7pm aint that great for me (i have to be in the venue for half 8, 6 would be better) but if i dont have a gig then ill be there!

3rd
    Surely a poll in the thread would give us a good pic of who is going when where and how, on what, in where, by whom, for why etc etc

3rd
    No no i mean before. And then more beers after. I agree however, 7 is good.

Oh right. Yeah a drink or two in Cineworld before hand (and watching Galvasean pee himself with excitement) would be cool.
    Of course I don't think I'll have much drink because...
    I DON'T WANNA MISS A THIIIIIIINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

3rd
    Surely a poll in the thread would give us a good pic of who is going when where and how, on what, in where, by whom, for why etc etc

no real point untill they announce performance times tbh!

3rd

There's plenty of time. (We can do that in the new thread... coming soon)

Just gauging some responses to see if there is decent interest (so far there appears to be)

I'm coming, I don't care what the fuck.

However, the earlier it is the more likely i'll get hungry and need food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    I'm definitely going. :)

The times dont really bother me, once it's 5pm or after I'm cool with it.

3rd
    Daft Plan B:

Meet in SheepShaggers for a few pints and food if people want when Transfers at ~20:00-21:00 and then more beer in Fiibbers ?

Daft Plan B:

Meet in SheepShaggers for a few pints and food if people want...

You take advantage of my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh right. Yeah a drink or two in Cineworld before hand (and watching Galvasean pee himself with excitement) would be cool.
    Of course I don't think I'll have much drink because...
    I DON'T WANNA MISS A THIIIIIIINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!
    Easy solved! (Comes with adjustable entry points for the smaller man, Galva, no need to worry!)
    Daft Plan B:

Meet in SheepShaggers for a few pints and food if people want when Transfers at ~20:00-21:00 and then more beer in Fiibbers ?
    There's a pub in Dublin specially for sheepshaggers? 0_o

Why did no-one tell me?! :(

3rd
    Easy solved! (Comes with adjustable entry points for the smaller man, Galva, no need to worry!)

How will a golf club help? :confused:

edit: oh and BOFH's plan sounds pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

How will a golf club help? :confused:

edit: oh and BOFH's plan sounds pretty good.
    facepalm.png

3rd
    No no, I got it.
    I'm taking the piss

3rd
    No no, I got it.
    I'm taking the piss

worst joke ever! you did well to spoilerize it!

3rd
    Got permission off a mod to post this, so basically on Thursday myself and grames_bond are playing a gig in Baldoyle. So anyone around the northside with an evening to spare should come check it out because in addition to us (fine uptanding performers that we are :cool:) you have Eric Lalor as the headline act. Lalor is one of Ireland's funniest comedians at the moment and a great night's entertainment is guranteed!

6008_128297567664_549322664_2692458_2867147_n.jpg

Now, im aware that its the day before the proper Noc beers but if you fancy a warm up session and a great laugh come along!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

10th
    I'm heading out tomorrow, Friday, and then down the country on the tear for the weekend, so probably not gonna wander up to Baldoyle.

Shame though, Lalor's hilarious, and bang on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement