Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General beers thread & discussion Next: Iron Man 2- the Woolshed, 7pm, 30th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

3rd
    How were beers tonight? Unfortunately I had other plans so I couldn't make it. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

9th
    Oh Toni, you need to get to a beers down here sometime ha!

How come yous all landed back late enough...did it have a late licence?

*itches eye*

AAARRGGHHH hate itchy eye.

I'd say yous are fast asleep now....awww bless. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd love to find a way to let the sub lounge know just how much business they've just pissed off.

Sorry I couldn't go people. From now on whenever I'm organising a beers, it'll be in TP Smiths by the way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

10th
    Yea, the good folks at TP Smiths are happy to have Boardsies, to hell with that Sub-Lounge place if they're dicking us around on bookings etc.

I'm laid up for the last 3 days and today isn't much better given I haven't been able to sleep last night with all the coughing and spluttering I've been doing :( So I definitely couldn't make it outside the door (except for one brief excursion across the road for milk).

I hope ye'd fun whoever was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well the place was pretty much empty when I got there.

i have no idea what time that was... how I got home is fuzzy too... I do remember ending up at a silent disco though... but not taking part in it.

Pretty big hangover right now though.... urgh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    Was at a 21st last night so couldn't make it. (missing toom many beers these days, what with all these new people, i risk losing my celebrity status)

How was town for ice/getting home etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Oh god.

Oh christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

had a super time. good to see ye all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

10th
    Nerin wrote: »
    had a super time. good to see ye all :)

Ditto! :)

Jim wrote: »
    Oh god.

Oh christ.

I concur!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

3rd
    Had a great night. Was nice to see everyone who turned up. :) Got a taxi almost as soon as we left, so getting home was grand. I'd agree with tp smiths over the sublounge for the next beers as I have a vague recollection of being given out to by the bouncer for something and him threatening to kick us all out. As far as I know none us had done anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

3rd
    Ah they joked me about calling me the Thursday (the day before) saying the booking didnt stand.

Fudge them. Fudge them right in the face

TP Smiths rawks anyway. Halloween lives there.

9th
    What is the difference between Sub Lounge and TP Smiths?

Like....is there only a certain type of folk who go there/do they only play certain music/bigger venue/nicer owners... etc

Pter wrote: »
    Fudge them. Fudge them right in the face

Wait.. what do I have to do to their face?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

3rd
    There was a "reserved" sign on the stairs with a name I did not recognise when I arrived, so I headed up to double check it was not a Board's name.
    There were < 10 people up there not drinking much......

I'd say put a call into the management saying they have now been removed from the recommenced list of places to meet for over ~13k people who love to drink.....

TP Smiths FTW,
    Better music, a bar you can actually get served at in under 20 mins and ok food as well.
    I'd love to find a way to let the sub lounge know just how much business they've just pissed off.

Sorry I couldn't go people. From now on whenever I'm organising a beers, it'll be in TP Smiths by the way.
    Kharn wrote: »
    Yea, the good folks at TP Smiths are happy to have Boardsies, to hell with that Sub-Lounge place if they're dicking us around on bookings etc.

I'm laid up for the last 3 days and today isn't much better given I haven't been able to sleep last night with all the coughing and spluttering I've been doing :( So I definitely couldn't make it outside the door (except for one brief excursion across the road for milk).

I hope ye'd fun whoever was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

3rd
    We got given out to for burning things in the candles, which we had in fact been doing. They had a fire in the place 3 weeks ago so I think he was kinda justified in asking us not to do it!

But hey ho, TP Smiths is grand too :) Sub Lounge is a bit livelier, which is why I prefer it, I guess... Personal preference :)

Had a great night guys, hope you enjoyed Bruxelles! Hopefully when Snowmageddon is over we can have a proper beers with everyone :)

shellyboo wrote: »
    We got given out to for burning things in the candles, which we had in fact been doing. They had a fire in the place 3 weeks ago so I think he was kinda justified in asking us not to do it!

But hey ho, TP Smiths is grand too :) Sub Lounge is a bit livelier, which is why I prefer it, I guess... Personal preference :)

Had a great night guys, hope you enjoyed Bruxelles! Hopefully when Snowmageddon is over we can have a proper beers with everyone :)

no,he gave out to us for burning plastic in a pint glass,which none of us did. **** them to be honest, tp smiths have always been good to the nocs.

9th
    Pter wrote: »
    Ah they joked me about calling me the Thursday (the day before) saying the booking didnt stand.

So they basically cancelled your booking because they thought they were going to get a better one with the 10 folks who were upstairs drinking?

Feicers. I would complain to management anyway about this treatment of good paying customers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

3rd
    Nerin wrote: »
    no,he gave out to us for burning plastic in a pint glass,which none of us did. **** them to be honest, tp smiths have always been good to the nocs.

No, we were just burning paper and bits of furry horse and wax instead... Just pointing out that he had a legitimate reason to be asking us not to if they'd just had a fire. Seems retarded to leave open candles burning if you're worried about them setting things on fire though :rolleyes:

Speaking of the candles... I'm pretty sure I still have my cock and balls somewhere about the place.

• Advertisement

3rd
    Has anybody uploaded pics of the bondage horse {or anything else from the night} yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3rd
    Good old cock n' balls...

If someone were to send a 'Dont you know who we are?!' style email it would be interesting to see what kind of groveling response it would get.

3rd
    Would be better if somebody with access to both an @Daft.ie & @Boards.ie account sends it.....
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Good old cock n' balls...

If someone were to send a 'Dont you know who we are?!' style email it would be interesting to see what kind of groveling response it would get.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

10th
    Just as well the site's Community Manager is also the Noc mod, eh? Not sure it's within my remit, but I'll give this some thought.

Also, how many times do we have to re-enforce the fact that Daft.ie has nothing to do with the running of Boards.ie? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kharn wrote: »
    Just as well the site's Community Manager is also the Noc mod, eh? Not sure it's within my remit, but I'll give this some thought.

Also, how many times do we have to re-enforce the fact that Daft.ie has nothing to do with the running of Boards.ie? :)

you can re enforce it all you like, with a community the size of boards is there will be a constant stream of chinese whispers.

Long as you have a good mod team repeating the truth ad infinitum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

3rd
    But hey ho, TP Smiths is grand too :) Sub Lounge is a bit livelier, which is why I prefer it, I guess...
    True that...good tunes available in TP's too!

Had a good night myself thank you, yes Bruxies was good, looks nice with the bar placement changed yet again lol! Another beers in future when more can make it, both regulars and Noc beers virgins, will be awesome as usual:D

No, we were just burning paper and bits of furry horse and wax instead... Just pointing out that he had a legitimate reason to be asking us not to if they'd just had a fire. Seems retarded to leave open candles burning if you're worried about them setting things on fire though :rolleyes:

when you say we...? all i saw was futurecrook throwing wax back into candles. do we have to have another chat about firesafety after what happened the lair? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

3rd
    the ONLY problem i see with tp smiths is their lack of a late bar, for their location and everything you would expect them not to close early, that is all they're missing imo! i do prefer smiths tbh, they have always been good to us (even when they put us in the area away from the bar :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

in town mssr's & mulligans are pretty awesome. mulligans a touch small mind you. also nice things can be said about the oval, and fitzsimons. iquite like diceys,but thats mostly on a wednesday (and only like maybe 1 a month)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

3rd
    Messrs used to host beers....+1

I likes it.

Also, might it be an idea to start organising another beers for next month....people who couldnt make it for one reason or another said they would like to have another soon....would FEB be too soon.

We could have an anti-valentines or something....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement