Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recording your own music-advice needed

• 08-10-2008 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    Can anyone tell me how you record music from your laptop/PC?
    I am a musician but I don't know anything about how to record onto your computer. I have heard that there is a programme called audacity. Is it easy to use? also, are do you need a mic? any advice on mics?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 G-izzles

For good quality recordings I'd advise you nuy a Boss 8-track recorder. It has a memory card and a USB link. Well worth the money.

Not exactly sure what software it uses for the intnerface on the computer because I recorded then brought the card to my friends house and he did the rest but the quality of the record was sex. Absolute sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

hi there, G-izzles, what is the exact name of that boss model? or can you give a link perhaps? and how much does it cost and where can i buy one? apart from the internet, i mean.
    also, what type of memory cards does it take?

thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 G-izzles

electron wrote: »
    hi there, G-izzles, what is the exact name of that boss model? or can you give a link perhaps? and how much does it cost and where can i buy one? apart from the internet, i mean.
    also, what type of memory cards does it take?

thanks! :)

The model I have is the BR864, except, judging by the site, it seems they don't make them anymore. The one i'd suggest off the site is the BR900, BR1200 or the BR1600, all of which have built in CD drives that you can burn your songs onto when you've finished them.

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productlist.php?ParentId=110

I got mine for a birthday so I'm not sure how much it was, for a rough pricing I just used Thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_br900_cd.htm

I'd use the link above to buy it to be honest because it'll more than likely work out cheaper. But if you want to get it in Ireland, try In Tune Music in Dun Laoghaire, I've seen them in there before. There's nothing to say Everest in Bray don't have them or Musicmaker or Musician Inc in town either though!

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

great stuff, thank you!!! (Y)

Advertisement