Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Diamond / Win Mo must have apps?

• 08-10-2008 8:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭

Just gone on my first foray into windows mobile with a touch diamond, impressed so far, love the screen especially, high res FTW!!

Anyway just wondering are there any must have apps that i should install? i have updated the rom to the latest dutty one from xda dev and thats it really.

Is there an alternative sms app, the one built in is a bit clunky!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I just broke my Diamond :( be very careful with the screen, the digitizer is extremely fragile.

As far as apps go.
    Klaxon is a very good alarm application.
    TomTom work's quite well, tho the maps are a tad old - and our stores TomTom rep says this is always the case with TT Navigator.
    I'm not sure of the the name, but there's a tiny tiny application that disables the touch screen when a call comes in to save you accidentaly answering or hanging up on a call when it's in your pocket. It re-enables the screen as soon as the call is anwered.
    S2U2 is fairly popular as an screen lock application, tho it has some problems on the Diamond.
    There's nothing much you can do about the SMS app. Tho you can disable threaded messages if you'd like.
    Two very important apps.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151

I've found most of the games to be paltry. If I can't fix the screen on my diamond, I'll probably be going for the new Nokia 5800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Get dinarsoft's "MemMaid" - total MUST for all wm devices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just gone on my first foray into windows mobile with a touch diamond, impressed so far, love the screen especially, high res FTW!!

Anyway just wondering are there any must have apps that i should install? i have updated the rom to the latest dutty one from xda dev and thats it really.

Is there an alternative sms app, the one built in is a bit clunky!!

SPB mobile shell might be worth a look if you wanna change the UI.
    TCPMP/coreplayer is a good video player.
    Vtap is very handy for looking up wiki articles.

Opera mini/mobile and the Gmail java app for WM are good as well.

What apps are you interested in-
    PIM, email, internet, video, music, readers, travel apps, utilities?

Check out xda-devs, pocketpcfreeware, freecabs.de and sites like handango.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Not just for the Diamond, but one of my favourite games on several of my last few phones:

Dopewars for Pocket PC

A classic!

Practically speaking, I always use eWallet for storing pins, passwords, credit card details, etc

Would also recommend a few of the following mini-apps, most of them specifically written for the Diamond
    -Diamond Beer
    -Diamond Cubes (throw dice by shaking the Diamond)
    -GSen (allow auto rotation of the screen in other applications such as writing a text message, viewing PDFs, etc)

Keep an eye on xda-developers though, that place has good ideas on an almost daily basis.

Dave

Advertisement