Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Accounts/Outlook question

• 08-10-2008 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭

Hi.

A strange thing seems to have happened last night.

I have a laptop with Vista. My wife & I both have an account (both with admin rights, if that's relevant).

I was logged on to my account browsing the internet. My wife asked if she could check her emails, so she chose "Switch user", meaning my account was still logged on.

She logged on to her account and logged in to her Eircom email using Outlook. No new emails were present so she closed down Outlook and logged off her account.

I then went back in to my account and there was Outlook open (without me opening it), with all of my emails in it, but with 2 new ones which were to my wife's email address.

I am fairly sure that Outlook wasn't open in my account when she chose "Switch user", but it was open when I went back in afterwards.

Have we got some Vista or Outlook setting tangled up or is this a quirk with Vista ?

Thanks.

Advertisement