Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning

Options
  • 08-10-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I bought a 4000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter from the " Cinco power Inverter Company in China" item arrived after 3 weeks , looked ike a modified sine wave inverter and guess what when i wired it to my battery bank it blew not only a 100amp fuse i had on the battery positive but also 3 x 20amp fuses on its motherboard,

I was horrified when i opened the cover to find all the wiring was hand soldered and even one fuse holder was soldered in position with a fuse in the holder.

I'll add the inverter arrived with no instructions and no paperwork and the company have refused to answer my telephone calls and emails.

Avoid at all costs the following
    Cinco power inverter company
    Ningbo Cinco Power Inverter Co.,Ltd.
    Ningbo Cinco Solar Company
    Ningbo Cinco Electronics Co., Ltd

they advertise all over google and will gladly accept your hard earned cash and give you a DUD every time

So save your money and reduce your stress levels and avoid these Gangsters .

Comments

I was horrified when i opened the cover to find all the wiring was hand soldered and even one fuse holder was soldered in position with a fuse in the holder.

Sounds like a small backstreet outfit! but if done correctly there is nothing wrong with hand soldered circuitry (I used to work in the electronics industry).
    I'll add the inverter arrived with no instructions and no paperwork and the company have refused to answer my telephone calls and emails.

How did you know how to connect it up correctly without instructions!

At least the fuses worked! It could have been far worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

While its relevant in a way to this forum the content is more suited for a thread in the Consumer Issues forum.

Moved from Renewable Energies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Why would anybody buy cheap electronics mail order from china? the majority of the time the workmanship is shoddy and you only get the quality you pay for. Do you think that this firm would have a customer care desk or something?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

please tell me out of interest, how much does this item normally cost and how much did you pay? :)

Advertisement