Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disable voice mail, o2

Options
  • 08-10-2008 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

How do I disable voice mail on o2 prepay? Going abroad and don't want to divert to voice mail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Usually you do this through your phone
    if this is an iphone the option to turn it off is not available i know i looked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

In your main menu > Call settings "cancel all Diverts" should do it, if not you need to call O2 and have the voicemail function removed from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

If the previous posters suggestion didn't work OP, just ring o2 support and ask them to disable voicemail on your account and hey presto no more paying to receive voicemail messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They have that disabled on prepay. If you call them they will cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I called them to get mine disabled.. but if you change something like plans or stuff it enables it again.

Also if someone calls your Voice Mail directly. ( e.g. 086 5 1234567 )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Greasey

Here is how you do it
    Dial 1909. Turn on the speaker. Turn on the keypad. Follow the voice prompts. There is no need to call o2 directly and waste time trying to talk to a human. The process can be done in under two minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Greasey wrote: »
    Here is how you do it
    Dial 1909. Turn on the speaker. Turn on the keypad. Follow the voice prompts. There is no need to call o2 directly and waste time trying to talk to a human. The process can be done in under two minutes!

You can not dial 1909 from a O2 prepay phone. I think for prepay you need to dial 1747.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

blaz wrote: »
    You can not dial 1909 from a O2 prepay phone. I think for prepay you need to dial 1747.

You need a rep to disable it on pay as you go. Billpay can do it themselves as already said

Davy wrote: »
    You need a rep to disable it on pay as you go. Billpay can do it themselves as already said

No, even on pay as you go you can disable it by dialing 1747. The option to disable it is buried in some of the menus - I know, because I have done it like that in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

blaz wrote: »
    No, even on pay as you go you can disable it by dialing 1747. The option to disable it is buried in some of the menus - I know, because I have done it like that in the past.

Well i didnt think so, from experience of this before, but maybe im wrong

• Advertisement

Finally found the web page that describes it:

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/myconnect/O2/Home/Help+and+Support/All+FAQs/Self+Services/

Click on "Self Service Menu when calling 1909 and 1747". It mentions how to get to "Change the length of time your phone rings before diverting to Voice mail ". The option to completely disable it is somewhere around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

an old thread I know but just to update the info, for pre-pay customers you can dial & call ##002#, this will cancel all active diverts.

Advertisement