Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland Issues (seriously, they have the worst customer care and support ever!!!)

Options
  • 08-10-2008 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

OK, so it looks like I'm having BT Ireland broadband problems again :eek::eek::eek:.

Credit control have been trying to contact me for the last two weeks. They have phoned my home number and left messages. The problem is that I'm working all day. I have phoned them back and spent a total of almost an hour waiting in their queuing system in an attempt to return the call. I eventually got customer care (who were unable to transfer me to credit control ... they could just put me back in the queue) so I asked them to make sure that credit control phoned me on my mobile number only in future.

Guess what? Since that they have phoned my home number again and left another message.

So does anyone have a direct contact number for anyone in BT Ireland who might be able to help me? From bitter past experience I know this is the only way to deal with these shower of incompetent idiots...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

chris.clarke@bt.com is the CEO. He's the only person in BT Ireland that can actually get anything done, so skip all the other fools and go straight to someone who can actually help.

emer.2.kennedy@bt.com is the head of consumer division, someone else who just might be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Thanks Man ... I really appreciate that.

Only problem is that the Chris Clarke email bounced back to me (the Emer Kennedy email seems ok). Do you have a working email for Chris Clarke please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Just an update on this ... I sent an email and within half an hour got a response from BT credit control.

This incident just shows how important it is to bypass the basket case BT queuing systems and talk to the people who matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its really hit and miss with BT. You either get someone really helpfull and knows what their talking about, or you get a complete retard with the verbal skills of a post-it. No middle ground at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I know it may seem old fashioned but if you cannot get them (without spending hours on the phone) why not write them an old fashioned paper letterand keep a copy in the event of a dispute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement