Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Hung Doors

Options
  • 08-10-2008 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,

I got quoted 2,813 :eek: which includes Vat for 9 prehung, oak shaker doors, with red deal surround. It seems quite a lot, would i be better off just buying doors and get a joiner to hang them? Anyone from the Limerick area out there suggest a supplier, or joiner to fix them.
    Thnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

joiner? get a carpenter to do it. by surrounds you mean frame and architrave right. id price all this seperately and see what you get

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I rang a few carpenters, one said it would be 100 to fit per door, i supply materials, got quoted 120euros for oak shaker door plus frame (red deal, i'll be painting them). Got quoted 2813 for 10 doors as above, by a company that supplies them prehung, but that excludes fitting them. So i'm better off taking carpenter route.

Advertisement