Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options
  • 08-10-2008 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

What is Halloween like in Galway? Are there any public fireworks or bonfires? Do all the kids generally go trick or treating? Does everyone get dressed up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Like most places in Ireland, Halloween in Galway is fairly sh!te for kids and adults alike...Best halloween's are house-parties where ye have to dress up. No doubt some pub or club will have a similar idea and charge €40 in (at least).

To answer your question, to the best of my knowledge there is very little organised either publically or privately. In my experience at least

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People do get dressed up in Skeff/Living Room/Kings Head - the usual "sexy cats" and "cool soldiers".
    Kids outside my house with bangers brought down from the North weeks before Halloween :mad: *shakes walking stick*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Derry has fantastic Halloween celebrations - it's a shame Galway doesnt do anything similar. But we did have a fantastic parade for the festival during the summer so I suppose the budget is spent and all that.

I come from a small town up north and there is always public fireworks and celebrations. Great for adults and kids alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Stress!! Halloweeeen party is in De Burgo's on 30th Oct. Last year we had Northstation, a rockabilly band called The Dead Plants from Scotland who had folks bouncing off the walls and Deviant DJing dressed as Macho Man Randy Savage :D He owns proper wrestling boots, people. Oh, and tonnes of decorations and free sweets etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Macnas used to do a fantastic Halloween parade, way better than the arts festival parade. Really atmospheric... witches & witchfinders, a big witch burning a couple of years ago... absolutely brilliant.

For some reason it wasn't on last year though, and I don't know if it's on this year either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Macnas used to do a fantastic Halloween parade, way better than the arts festival parade. Really atmospheric... witches & witchfinders, a big witch burning a couple of years ago... absolutely brilliant.

Really?? Didn't know about this at all! would have been great for a sneaky smoke and a swatch :D

Advertisement