Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftershock - tv3

Options
  • 08-10-2008 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone else whose in NZ watched Aftershock on tv3 tonight but I am officially freaked out. The programme was about what happens to Wellington after an 8.2 earthquake and subsequent tsunami. I saw it being filmed over the past few months in various places and it was really scary to see the simulated affects that an earthquake will have on places that I've come to know well.

Basically, we're all fúcked.

Had a big talk with my OH about where we would meet up and how safe we were where we work and live. I've also started an earthquake kit which I'll now be adding a lot more to. I work in one of the tallest buildings in Wellington and it's fairly newly built so should be earthquake prooof. We also have civil defence cabinets with food and medical supplies and a number of very large canisters of fresh water. I think I'd be ok at work but I'm still really nervous now.

Anyone else quite scared of earthquakes now? Would is affect your decision to live in NZ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I remember having a severe hangover in Hataitai in my old place, and while I was lying in bed at night trying to sleep, tripping around the walls as usual with Delerium Tremens when I'm that hungover, the bed starts rattling against the wall and it felt like someone was pushing the bed up from under the mattress. I lay there petrified thinking the rum fits had taken my hangovers to a whole new extreme, or I was being haunted or something. Next day at work my flatmate emailed me and asked if I felt the earthquake, I wrote back and told her about my experience and she forwarded it to everyone in her office, all of them thinking it was hilarious. You feel them all the time there though, a big one is due one day I reckon, who knows if it'll happen in our lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

If it hits Auckland we're screwed. THe city is sitting on a fault line.
    Capital 'O' for awesome!!!

We had a mini quake here a year or so ago. Felt weird.

Advertisement