Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with tattoo!

Options
  • 08-10-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I've had a tattoo on my upper thigh for 4 years now and never had a problem with it. This morning I happened to rub my hand over it and noticed one section is raised and uncomfortable. Now when I say raised it's noticeably raised, like someone stuck say...a candle wick in there (it's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head!) and the skin there is much smoother and shinier than the rest of the tattoo. The swollen bit is limited to my tattoo alone and is not on the skin surrounding it or anything like that. It has also swollen more in the last few minutes. At the origin of the swelling there are two little white dots side by side, dunno if they are any significance.

I've attached a photo to show the section, although I don't know if it'll help. Yes I know it's tiny, but it's extremely personal and I am extremely worried. I also know it's Kanji, you don't need to point that out or point out how uncool you think they are. I love it and I won't be getting into any arguments about the state of my tattoo. I just want advice on what's wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I am by no means an expert here, and it is quite hard to tell from the photo to be honest (try turning 'macro focus' on on your cam and it might give us clearer picture) but could it be something as simple as a fly bite in that area/ or even that you scratched it unknowingly in your sleep?

The fact that it is 4 years old to me would mean it is fully healed. Mine is only 9months old now, but if I scratch it harshly, it can get raised and a little sore. It is still skin after all.
    Have you tried iceing it to see if it goes down? Or perhaps some antihistamine cream like Anthisan (incase it is just an irritation to a bite).

I'm sure some of the more experienced people round here will be along shortly to help out, but the white dots, to me, would indicate fly bite/bed bug or something to that effect.
    My advise is if you are really worried, pop along to a chemist and ask their advise.

Hope it works out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Sounds like a bite to me. You could always wash the area with a anti-bacterial soap or put some savlon cream on there.

Advertisement